You’ll use your knowledge of the nonprofit, educational, and government institutional worlds to hunt for and keep the pipeline flowing with mission-driven organizations in need of digital transformation. Mostly that involves web design and development, but also a dose of digital therapy. If people like you, trust you, and want to work with you — we probably will too. If you’re strictly focused on metrics, commission, or the ABCs of sales, we probably won’t make a good fit.
Kalamuna is a mature, 30-person agency with operations and clients in the US and Canadian markets. You’ll work closely with and report to the CEO, and share the sandbox with members of the accounts, and delivery teams. You’ll also manage 2-3 sales and marketing employees and contractors that are working to prospect opportunities, craft proposals, generate collateral, and run campaigns.
While sales and marketing are different but related disciplines, as a team, and with your help, we will play to each others’ strengths to achieve a comprehensive program. This role is focused on communication, and your ability to speak and write persuasively is paramount to your success.
Candidates for this full-time (40h/wk) remote position must reside in the US or Canada. If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us.
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales and marketing plans that align with overall business goals and are informed by industry trends and changes in customer behaviour
- Develop pricing strategies and service offerings that balance profitability and affordability for mission-based organization
- Hiring, managing, and mentoring members of the sales and marketing team
- Ensure effective lead generation and qualification across all lead sources to maximize pipeline size, quality, value, and appropriate fit
- Lead pitches, proposals and own their collaboration workflows
- Speak with prospects to identify customer needs, uncover opportunity, and act as a strategic advisor
- Help set, meet, and report on sales goals
- Set and implement CRM (Hubspot) strategy
- Understand and advance Kalamuna’s market position
- Own all sales and marketing data provide timely reports that drive strategic decision-making
- Build and maintain marketing processes
- Oversee marketing activities and the production of collateral
- Ensure marketing efforts deliver against sales and brand objectives
- Represent Kalamuna at conferences and social events
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales and/or marketing with at least 3 years in a management role in the tech industry, and 2 in a digital agency context
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field (master’s preferred)
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful sales and marketing strategies for services organizations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills based in empathy, leveraging nuance and polish to connect with different personalities
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing strategies
- Ability to negotiate
- Holistic understanding of digital design, architecture, development, and support
- An understanding of social media and content marketing
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality proposals, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience with account-based marketing
- Experience with agency contracting vehicles like SOWs and MSAs
You Might Also Know About
- Judicious Sales and Digital Marketing automation techniques and technologies
- Experience working with nonprofit and/or public sector organizations
- Digital strategy
- Drupal & WordPress
- Advertising and promotions
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including paid holidays, PTO, paid bereavement leave, parental leave, health insurance, long and short-term disability, a continued learning & travel stipend, an equipment fund, and retirement funds with 3% match. We offer flexibility in work hours and accomodations. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ2S+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.