At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a talented Director of Sales to join our fast-growing Klaviyo Sales organisation. Reporting into the Global VP of Sales, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of 1 – 2 Sales Managers, 1 Business Development Manager and 15+ Lower-SMB, Upper-SMB and Mid-Market Account Executives.
This includes hiring, training, forecast management, performance analysis, and day-to-day coaching/ talent development. Our team is growing incredibly fast and the ideal candidate will have a strong track record of building high performing sales teams in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and guiding the team through all of our New Business initiatives in APAC
- Shaping ongoing sales strategy from a long term perspective to daily practical improvement
- Hiring best in class talent across the team as well as coaching and developing a team of managers
- Collaborating closely with colleagues across the business but particularly within the sales leadership team, our marketing function, and partnerships to identify key trends and opportunities
- Accurately forecast and model monthly, quarterly, and annual sales
- Thorough career planning and mapping building the foundation for the future generation of sales professionals at Klaviyo in APAC
- Putting the customer first and creating strategies to optimise the customer journey
- Finding new ways to improve PPR by shortening the sales cycle, improving the win rate, or increasing the ASPs
- Introducing new tools and processes into the workflow, as well as optimising on existing tools and playbooks, and helping the team to adapt to change and adhere to best practices
- Being a vocal thought leader for your team and region
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- We are a great place to work, and our leaders set the tone. You will need to ensure team morale remains high, people feel energised by their work, and we maintain a high standard for performance.
- Regular tactical and developmental 1:1’s with your team of managers.
- Setting both quantitative and qualitative goals and targets for the team to both hit business goals as well as support career development within the team.
- Klaviyos delivers work that is deemed ‘remarkable’ by our peers, our customers, and the market. You will focus on the quality of work, then learn how to do it faster, frugally, and more efficiently but never compromising on the quality.
- Working closely with the sales leadership team you will provide thought leadership and strategic direction on our New Business function within APAC
- Working cross functionally you will collaborate radically across all functions but particularly ops and enablement, marketing, partnerships and success both here in APAC and in the US
- Inspire and coach AE Managers and AEs, alike, to fulfil their potential and serve as the foundation for future generations of Klaviyos
- Be able to understand and compile data, using it to support your strategic direction for the team. Data will be both external in the market and internal tracking team activity and impact. You will be able to clearly and concisely communicate key trends in data to your peers and key stakeholders
- Work to assess and introduce new tools and processes into the workflow and manage the change to ensure success
- Klaviyos start with the customer and work backward. With this in mind you will put the customer first when thinking about the strategies being put in place for the team.
Who You Are:
- Proven second-line management experience ideally at a rapidly scaling technology business, preferably within a SaaS business. Minimum 3+ years leading Sales Managers
- In line with our value of always learning you will need to show a growth mindset both for yourself and a vision for your team of Sales Managers and Individual Contributors. You define yourself as an energetic self-starter who is results-oriented works effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
- A global perspective with proven success in developing and/ or nurturing a sales progression program + a proven playbook for hiring and developing both entry-level Account Executives to more Senior ICs and Sales Managers
- Strong coaching skills and a growth-mindset that comes from a deep belief in the development of their team
- Ability to build relationships with internal (business development, marketing, ops and enablement partnerships, etc.) and external (clients, prospects, agencies etc.) stakeholders
- Track record of using data to inform decision making
- Track record of working with leadership to define and implement successful new programs
- Strategic mindset to define and execute sales strategies
- A results oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently
- Familiarity operating in a high-velocity and high-volumed sales environment
- A deep understanding of SaaS and sales economics
- Full authorisation to work in the Australia without any restrictions
- Top-class presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented and persuasive
- Strong sense of ownership over annual and quarterly planning
- Strong sense of curiosity with a bias towards action
- Proficiency with tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, and Gong
- Use of, implementation and understanding of sales process and methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with selling ecommerce focused solutions
- Understanding of scale-ups, PLG, or transactional businesses
- Familiarity with Challenger, Sandler, SPIN or other similar sales methodologies.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.