Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
You will be working at a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes hectic startup as a member of our post-sale Customer Experience (CX) team. This team is responsible for driving the overall satisfaction and retention of our customers by supporting them throughout their Kong journey and ensuring they receive the utmost value from their investment, helping them achieve desired outcomes while using Kong products.
This is an individual contributor role in which you will serve as a Customer Success Manager and business champion for our most critical assets, our customers. You’ll act as a main point of contact and liaison between internal Kong teams. As you gain an understanding of their business goals, you’ll lead various customer meetings to help establish, implement, and run processes and projects that will aid in the successful delivery, adoption, and usage of Kong products. In this role, you will be the ‘quarterback’ for most post-sale activities and will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment, from Developers to Executives, and represent Kong culture and values every day. This is an incredibly challenging role and requires someone with very strong organizational and communication skills.
What’s in it for you? In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn our innovative products and technologies and apply that knowledge to real world usage. You’ll be involved with cutting-edge customer projects, working with a diverse team of talented people from all over the world.
The continued growth and success of Kong & the loyalty of our customers is reliant on the work you’ll do as a Customer Success Manager, which makes this role critically important. You’ll have influence over the continued innovation of our tooling and processes to help make you and your team more efficient. Working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to help to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age. Above all, you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging in consistent cadence meetings with assigned customers, aligning with their business initiatives, and providing world-class support
- Leading the creation and execution of Customer Adoption Plans and coaching our customers throughout their lifecycle Kong
- Collaborating with internal teams including the rest of Customer Experience, Sales, and Product, to ensure our customers are receiving the most value from the solution and reaching desired outcomes
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of adoption plans, post-sales engagements, what is recommended and why
- Occasionally working in a project management capacity for internal and customer facing projects
- Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring for success:
- 5+ years of prior work experience is required, specifically in a Customer Support, Success or Project Management role
- Experience supporting enterprise customers and a demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of 15+ accounts
- Prior experience in Open Source and/or Infrastructure software companies is preferred
- An enjoyment of working and collaborating with others
- Passion and determination about our technology and our customers
- A self-starter personality and strong organizational and communication skills
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity – We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder– “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovatorin the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certifiedin 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees exemplify our culture at our2022 Sales Kickoff
- 2022 Forbes Cloud 100 Honoree
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open-source API gateway!
- Over 40k+ stars on GitHub betweenKong APIandKong Insomnia!
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled, and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession, and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn every day. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.