If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
Kong is seeking a seasoned Senior Director, Global Revenue Enablement to join our Revenue Operations team. The Senior Director, Global Revenue Enablement will play a pivotal leadership role in aligning our global GTM functions and developing robust enablement programs that drive revenue growth. This is a global role, and the successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Revenue Operations.
Ideally, we are looking for someone on the East Coast.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity – We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder – “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Design, implement, and optimize a global revenue enablement strategy that integrates all GTM functions, including Sales, Solution Engineering, Customer Success, Sales Development, and Professional Services.
- Develop, maintain, and iterate on enablement roadmaps, curricula, and training materials for a diverse set of global stakeholders across sales skills/best practices, technical/product enablement, and customer engagement soft skills.
- Partner closely with the leadership team to understand business needs and translate these into comprehensive, multi-faceted enablement programs.
- Roadmap global enablement content and program development, tailoring to the needs of team members in each geography and segment.
- Oversee and manage global communications and events, ensuring all team members have timely access to the information they need for their roles. Design and execute high-impact learning experiences such as the annual Sales Kickoff and other professional development events, with the aim of creating a world-class learning environment that fosters continuous improvement and success.
- Conduct regular assessments of the effectiveness of the enablement programs using quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Coach sellers and managers on best practices, selling skills, and strategies to drive revenue growth.
- Design and build a high-performing global revenue enablement team, recruiting and developing top talent, and creating a culture of excellence and collaboration to support the execution of our global enablement strategy.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development within the organization.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
- 15+ years of experience in Sales, GTM Strategy, Operations, and/or Enablement.
- At least 5 years of previous quota-carrying sales experience in Sales or Solutions Engineering, providing credibility and practical insights in coaching and enablement.
- Proven experience in strategy, hands-on field training, and enablement program delivery within a global B2B software context.
- Ability to design, build, and deliver enablement content across GTM roles, IC and management levels.
- Demonstrated capability in conducting both 1:1 and group coaching sessions, with a personalized, engaging style that fosters a learning mindset and promotes skill development. Proven track record of influencing and motivating individuals and teams to achieve their full potential.
- A deep understanding of both the art and science of selling, underpinned by strong analytical abilities.
- Expertise in the MEDDPICC sales methodology, with demonstrated success in applying it within training and enablement programs, driving improved sales performance and consistency across the team.
- Hands-on experience scaling up a global GTM organization; both pre- and post- IPO experience highly preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to inspire, engage, and lead diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills; ability to solicit needs and coalesce coherent strategy which meets the needs of both the company and field teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. An advanced degree or relevant certification is a plus.
$235,000 – $266,000 a year
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the US is $235,000 – 266,000.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive.We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic.We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful.We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed.We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious.We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner.We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.