Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a highly-skilled Senior Sales Operations Manager to join our team.
In this position you’ll serve as a trusted business partner; an advocate for and advisor to the EMEA Sales Leadership team. You’ll define, track, and implement EMEA business objectives, initiatives, strategies, tactics, and processes that scale. This role incorporates hands-on execution for a hyper-growth sales team. You need to be familiar with sales and marketing applications and a self-starter, comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, and demonstrate curiosity and a “get things done” attitude.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity – We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership – We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder – “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” – CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture – Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products – Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate and lead annual EMEA GTM planning process to include fiscal year/long-range modeling, investment ROI analysis, headcount planning, quota and capacity setting, territory planning.
- Provide visibility and performance tracking on the health of business, lead funnel monitoring, sales efficiency and productivity key performance metrics via business intelligence applications.
- Drive CRM accuracy, pipeline analytics, forecasting and ad hoc regional reporting requirements.
- Ensure efficient deal velocity and monitor deal management processes, make recommendations on process improvement initiatives regarding deal structures, approvals, booking processes, etc.
- Participate in regular meetings with Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Legal and various other teams to assist in addressing issues, building plans and driving change management.
- When requested, assess inquiries directed to the EMEA VP of Sales, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage.
- Ensure all Sales Leadership team issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- Any additional tasks required by the manager
What you’ll bring:
- Organisation and order during busy periods with composure and focus.
- Experience with SFDC (Sales Cloud, CPQ), Outreach, HG Insights, and/or similar tools.
- Demonstrable competence with Google G-Suite tools.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, a data-driven mindset.
- Strong customer service attitude, ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- 5-8 year relevant business experience.
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field.
- If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different roles at Kong.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.