At Laika, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to devise new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Laika combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join Laika and our fast-growing sales organization.
- Are you a lifelong learner who runs on curiosity?
- Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
- Does being a critical player on an early sales team excite you?
- Are you motivated by seeing the impact you make every day?
- Do you have a strong desire to win that pushes you to put in the effort, do the little things, and motivate those around you?
- Are you looking to grow your career at a fast-growing company full of people who answered “yes” to everything above?
If so, this is the place for you.
As one of the first hires on our sales development team, you will help chart the course forward. Your sales calls and outreach stories will be legendary for those that follow in your footsteps. Your experience on the front lines and out-of-the-box thinking will push marketing to pump out great content modeled on you. You will be an inspiration to the future of the sales development team and a memorable first impression to prospects.
You will work with other awesome tech startups, selling to founders and management teams of early and growth-stage companies. You will help fast-growing companies build a rock-solid security and compliance foundation to accelerate growth and bring their visions to life. One example value prop: streamlining laborious procurement processes. Many larger companies require long security reviews and questionnaires from startups before they’re willing to sign on as a customer. We help our customers speed through those processes with a best-in-class compliance program and automation tools. Ultimately, you will help fast-growing companies make security & compliance a critical part of their business and strategic advantage.
What You’ll Do
- Help identify companies that are likely to benefit from working with Laika
- Manage outreach to key contacts at those companies, and book meetings with those that may need us, while helping to educate and gauge the market at large
- Run intro calls with interested contacts to figure out if/how Laika can help
- Book demos with companies that we can help, and manage hand-offs to the Account Executive team
- Manage a growing pipeline of key contacts and future opportunities based on intel you learn in your outreach
- Work closely with marketing and sales operations to identify new content, messaging, potential channels, and sales enablement tools
- You will play a vital role in growing our outbound revenue and providing valuable feedback as we continue to work together to refine systems and processes to scale exponentially based on your example and experience.
- Active listener who enjoys and excels at problem-solving on the fly
- Proven track record of success and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Outstanding communicator with a demonstrated strength in writing
- Creative thinker, innovative and resourceful in both your ideas and methods, possessing a get-it-done mentality, unafraid to take risks
- Intellectually curious, self-starter and fast learner that can understand complex technical issues
- Obsessive about delivering results, winning, and overachieving
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail
- Passionate collaborator with a “succeed together” mentality and a drive to help others
Really nice to have:
- Experience in compliance or information security
- Experience at a Series A or Series B B2B SaaS company
- Experience with B2B prospecting and cold outreach
- Experience with SaaS sales tools (e.g., Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.) and sales techniques (e.g., MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Value-based Selling, Sandler, etc.)
- Compensation band for this role is $55,000 – $60,000 plus $25,000 in commission (uncapped)
- Immediate access to healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work-from-home model (or remote)
- Unlimited PTO
- $800 stipend for home office equipment
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Paid courses and certifications
Laika provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Follow us on social media