Later is founded on two success stories that began in 2014: Mavrck, the industry-leading influencer marketing solution (now Later Influence™), and Later, the best social media management platform (now Later Social™) and first-to-market link in bio tool.
We’re trusted by the top social platforms, with partnerships and integrations with Meta, TikTok, X/Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest.
In 2024, Mavrck and Later officially joined together as one unified business, with a shared vision: to enable the world to make a living with their creativity. We’re now on a mission to build the world’s first Social Revenue Platform.
Later will be the first inclusive platform where social media managers, influencer managers, and creators can come together to collaborate on content. We enable marketers to create high-performing content and engage in authentic collaborations with creators to reach new audiences, drive engagement, and generate predictable ROI.
As a trusted partner and go-to source for social media advice, we help create an engaged community for reliable performance and repeatable growth.
About this position:
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for generating new business opportunities by reaching out to potential customers and clients. They work closely with the Go-To-Market team to qualify leads, nurture relationships with prospects and contribute to pipeline generation. The ideal candidate for a Business Development Representative position should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be highly motivated, and possess strong sales skills. They should also have experience in prospecting, lead generation, and relationship building. This role sits on the Sales team and reports into the Director of Business Development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify potential customers and generate interest in Later Influence through outreach via calls, emails, Linkedin messaging and event attendance
- Lead Generation: Creating and managing a pipeline of leads and opportunities through outbound email campaigns, phone calls, LinkedIn messaging and event attendance
- Qualifying leads: Assessing the fit of potential clients and customers by conducting initial calls and scheduling discovery meetings with Sales Directors
- Lead nurturing: Building and maintaining relationships with prospects through ongoing communication and follow-up
- Collaboration: Working closely with the GTM team to ensure a smooth handoff of qualified leads and providing feedback on lead quality, sales process, and messaging effectiveness
- Data Management: Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all prospect interactions in the company’s CRM system
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- Experience as the first point of contact for prospective customers
- Experience nurturing and prospecting marketing qualified leads, while identifying sales qualified leads
- Experience leveraging different outreach channels such as email, calls, LinkedIn messaging, (video messaging is a plus) to provoke a response
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills
- Strong ability to empathize with and identify the needs of prospects
- Able to withstand or overcome frequent rejection
- Tech savvy and enjoy learning about cutting edge products
- Able to quickly build trust and rapport with strangers
- High energy and positive attitude
- Drive to be a “hunter” and stay persistent
- An analytical, data-driven, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Interested in start-up or entrepreneurship experience and a desire to wear many hats
- Able to learn quickly and adapt
- High degree of integrity, empathy and focus on “doing the right thing”
Our approach to compensation:
We take a market-based & data-driven approach to compensation. We leverage data from trusted third-party compensation sources to help us understand the market value of a role based on function, level, geographic location, and scope. We evaluate compensation bi-annually, including performance and market-related factors.
Our salaries are benchmarked against market Total Cash Compensation for the geographic location of our job posting. Compensation for some roles is structured as On Target Earnings (OTE = base + commission/variable) while for others it is structured as Salary only.
To comply with local legislation and ensure transparency, we share salary ranges on all job postings. Skills, experience and other factors help determine the final salary we offer which may vary from the original range posted.
Additionally, all permanent team members are granted stock options and are eligible to participate in various benefits plans as part of their overall compensation package.
$50,000 – 60,000 USD plus commission
Some perks of being on our team:
- Flexible PTO: We want you to take the time off when you want or need to recharge!
- Learning & Development: We provide growth opportunities through training, coaching, mentorship programs, and workshops. We also provide teams with a generous Education & Conference budget to support continued learning.
- Parental benefits: We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support, and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work.
- Healthcare: Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, STD & LTD, 401k contribution plans (US-based employees), and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the well-being of you and your family.
- Employee Resource Groups: Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. These ERGs provide support and community for employees.
- Co-op team members are not eligible for company benefits.
Where we work
We hire into our hub cities of Boston, MA; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON; and. We post our positions in the hub location(s) where we are open to having the successful candidate be located.
Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
We value diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age. Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.