Important note: This position is based in Boston and not suitable for remote work at this time. Please consider this before submitting an application.
About the Job:
LaunchDarkly is looking for an experienced, creative sales professional to join our fast-growing company to lead outbound prospecting and coaching others to help them grow! You will work with the Director of Business Development to lead onboarding, training, strategy, and management for our team of with emphasis on generating new business pipeline. This is an incredible opportunity for you to help improve and scale the organization to maximize our outbound sales opportunities.
- As the BD manager you will be responsible for hitting and exceeding opportunity and pipeline quota
- Ongoing training and coaching of BDR team members to ensure high-quality calls, e-mails and prospect interactions
- Ensure that the team is following up on all Marketing Qualified Leads in a timely manner
- Recruiting talented BDRs as the team grows
- On-board and train new hires with best practices around leveraging lead generation tools including Outreach, Salesforce, 6Sense and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Ensure BDR team meets its opportunity goals and are hitting their assigned activity metrics
- Research organizations and individuals online to identify potential new leads and target accounts for BDRs by territory
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, product, engineering, etc.)
- Route information to the appropriate sales professional and ensure all BDR’s are providing accurate notes and activity updates on SFDC
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of our product, process, and the market
- 2+ years of relevant management experience OR
- 2+ years as a sales professional, in a closing role
- Experience selling a SaaS product to a technical audience, e.g., CTO, VP of Eng., Director
- Ability to motivate individuals from diverse backgrounds towards a common goal
- Highly analytical – knowing how to measure success of different methods of outreach
- Be highly organized and autonomous in a fast-moving organization
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and self-motivational qualities
- Experience with SalesForce or a similar CRM tool
- Experience with Gong, io, LinkedIn Sales Nav. or a similar email automation tool
- Familiarity with Command of the Message and MEDDPICC
Target pay range for a Level M2 in the Boston Area: $123,000 – $145,000 On Target Earnings (OTE), includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare “big-bang” technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We’re building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is ‘Widen the Circle’. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it’s the right match for your skillset.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.