About the Job:
Please note this position is to be based specially in the Mountain Time Zone regions only.
The Customer Success Manager reports directly into the regional CS leader and represents LaunchDarkly as the direct point-of-contact with our customers post-sales. They are LaunchDarkly subject-matter experts guiding our new and expanding customers towards implementation and adoption and helping them achieve their desired use-cases and value.
This role requires a Senior Customer Success Manager who is on the East Coast.
- Plan successful onboarding and adoption with prospective customers:You will meet with customers late in the sales cycle in order to familiarize yourself with their goals and collaborate on a prescriptive success plan that will maximize their time-to-value with LaunchDarkly.
- Own the onboarding processfor new customers: You will shepherd in new customers from the sales handoff until we’ve met our obligations during the onboarding period. You will educate customers on how to use LaunchDarkly to get the most value and success while adhering to best practices and guiding principles. The goal is to shorten the time to value through successful onboarding!
- Document:As your customers successfully onboard and adopt our platform, you’ll be responsible for documenting the process so that we are able to validate our success with key stakeholders, demonstrate real value and expand the relationship in partnership with our internal counterparts.
- Detect and Diagnose risks and develop plans: You’ll work to proactively identify and diagnose risks that may inhibit a customer’s success and work with the account management team to get the customer back on track. You’ll identify possible churn or contraction risk early and work with the wider account- and renewal management team on mitigation plans.
- Prescriptively Sell: Evaluate and analyze customer needs and regularly, maintaining a pulse on how our customers are tracking against their key goals and outcomes. You will identify opportunities for customers to purchase additional products, services and adopt new features needed for them to maximize the value of our solution.
- Trusted Advisor: You understand our customers like no other. You’re able to get them to consider additional core services that fit their overall business goals and guide them towards a more advanced and valuable implementation of LaunchDarkly.
- Build Champions & Executive Relationships:You will identify & support key advocates within the organization who actively promote the value of LaunchDarkly. In partnership with your Champion, you’re able to leverage success metrics & value driven insights to gain sponsorship at an Executive level.
- Entrepreneurial and Self-Motivated:You are driven and proactive, taking ownership of your role and responsibilities.
- Passion for Learning and Growth:You are enthusiastic about continuous learning and personal development at LaunchDarkly.
- Intellectual Curiosity and Ambition: You have a hunger for knowledge and strive for ambitious goals.
- Excellent Communication: Your written and spoken communication skills are outstanding.
- Highly Organized & Autonomous:You are capable of efficiently managing your workload and thrive in an environment that encourages autonomy.
- Adaptability: You excel in a fast-paced and dynamic organizational setting.
- Innate emotional intelligence, empathy, and negotiation skills – you build trust quickly and maintain it easily
- Natural Problem Solver:you have strong intuition and critical thinking skills allowing you to detect problems quickly and either implement tailored solutions or escalate with clarity and tact.
- Team Player:You collaborate well with others, know when to pull specialists or leaders in and keep others informed proactively. Win as a team!
- 4+ years in a customer facing role, ideally in onboarding/implementation, account management, customer/partner success, or customer support, with a track record of top performance.
- You are used to project managing customers and holding cross-functional teams accountable to a timeline.
- Ability to balance the reactive with the proactive and prescriptive, knowing how and when to drive accountability and urgency with your customers with empathy.
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues and escalations.
- Ability to be an active listener while taking a thoughtful approach to addressing customer concerns, including the creation of customer-facing content for short and long term solutions
- Ability to quickly learn technical product use-cases and detect customer cues to effectively position potential solutions.
- Ability to successfully advocate for both your customers and your company. You know how to be the voice of the customer in the company while mediating between the customer’s requests and the company’s vision.
Target pay range for a Level P3 in the eastern US region: $139,000 – $163,000 *On Target Earnings (OTE) includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare “big-bang” technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We’re building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is ‘Widen the Circle’. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it’s the right match for your skillset.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.