We are recruiting for an experienced digital marketing professional within our marketing team, as we embark on an exciting and ambitious new commercial growth strategy. We’re looking for a smart, dedicated and dynamic team player to join us within the next month, to hit the ground running and help us deliver on our 2023 marketing strategy and business objectives. The role will involve significant professional development within a fast growing company. We’re looking for future star and somebody who wants to grow into a senior marketing role.
Leaf is a remote-first technology & marketing science company specialising in performance marketing solutions for D2C eCommerce brands.
We solve complex marketing challenges for our customers, using data, code & strategy. Our technology (Leaf Grow) automates data processing, campaign management and insights reporting, enabling us and our clients to make smarter decisions and drive superior performance efficiencies from ad-click-to-purchase.
Our mission is to redefine the marketing agency model by putting technology at the core of service delivery, enabling us to deliver unrivalled results and an unprecedented service experience for our customers.
About our Marketing Team 🧑👨🏾👱🏽♀️🧔🏻👩🏻🦱
We are the curious storytellers of the Leaf journey and intrinsic to the successful growth of the business. Our team thrives on responsibility and is courageous in communicating our narrative – of being a tech company in a sea of agencies – in new and evolving formats.
We use both instinct and data to make holistic decisions in creating and delivering the best content strategy to drive quality traffic, engagement and leads. We collaborate closely with the sales and partnerships team and work hand-in-glove with our creative and web team to deliver beautifully packaged stories for our target audience.
It’s our job to ensure that prospects want to hire us, great talent want to work with us, and that any relevant stakeholder wants to be associated with us. We’re a close, confident and knowledgeable team, with skills across a range of specialist areas. We like to move fast, break rules and laugh heartily. Everybody has each other’s back and we support each other to make sure we’re always doing our best.
Our Product Stack 💻
Marketing: Leaf Grow, Buffer, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Canva, Figma, Webflow and WordPress.
Data: Leaf Grow, Google Spreadsheets, Google Analytics, Google Looker, Ahrefs and Semrush.
Business Tools: HubSpot, Google Workspace, Slack, Notion
About the way we work👩💻👨💻
Creativity breeds creativity. Even though we work remotely, we work in a close-knit collaborative way, within and across departments.
We are great listeners, wordsmiths, and information disseminators, who are able to connect content strategies with business goals. We work together to improve our processes and our cross-platform content methodology.
We meet as a team weekly (as well as ad hoc project meetings) and your manager will meet with you 1:1 regularly to ensure you’re personally supported in your role as an individual and a team member, and to provide you with the required training and tools to empower you to become the master of your area of expertise as a Digital Marketing Manager. We actively encourage cross-departmental “coffee breaks” to build a sense of community and comradeship and we believe strongly in bottom-up ownership and accountability.
About this job 📌
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will develop, execute, and manage full-funnel inbound marketing strategies across a key set of channels (i.e. Leaf’s Website, Blog, LinkedIn, Meta, Twitter and our monthly newsletter ‘Signal’) with the goal to support in the delivery of our demand generation objectives whilst working towards positioning Leaf as a critical authority in our industry “Performance Marketing for D2C eCommerce”.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will 📝:
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to ‘educate, enthral and encourage’ helping us to achieve our demand generation goals.
- Create, produce, and optimise high quality and engaging content with consideration for SEO and channel best practices.
- Conscientiously immerse yourself in and educate yourself about our services, products and ideal customer profiles and strive to differentiate and establish Leaf as an industry thought leader and the obvious choice for our prospects.
- Research and share relevant content through our various channels, ensuring strong social presence, community engagement and subject matter expertise.
- Develop an editorial calendar, delegate tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, customers, and partners on Leaf content marketing, sales and industry event initiatives.
- Proof-read and edit content written by partners & team members.
- Analyse and report on our key channel metrics, market trends and perform competitor analysis reviews to inform tactics.
You should apply if you are… ✅
- Adaptable and creative with problem solving capabilities – as a content marketer in an ever shifting industry, you’ll face something new every day and to stay on top you must be willing to go with the flow and embrace change with open arms.
- Curious and love learning – our industry changes at breakneck speed and it takes a true love of learning to be up to the task.
- An effective communicator – to do your job well, you must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to a range of stakeholders with different specialisms, contributing to and delivering strategies to meet our business objectives.
- An ambitious idealist & pragmatic realist- in order to meet our company’s objectives in terms of demand generation, you must be able to balance strategic idealism with economic reality, to deliver a stable ROI.
- Stubbornly persistent with a ferocious attention to detail – what you plant today may not be harvested for many months. Content marketers may not see the fruits of their labour right away, and as technologies and trends evolve, the job comes down to a lot of trial and error. Successful marketers are persistent problem solvers, creative wordsmiths and detail oriented, who take failure (or uncertainty) as an opportunity for growth.
- 3+ years minimum in a similar role
- Experience in B2B or D2C eCommerce marketing, either brand or agency side.
- Experience managing organic social strategies for LinkedIn & Meta.
- Blog writing & management experience
- Basic performance marketing knowledge
- Basic SEO & email marketing knowledge
- Experienced SEO & email marketing knowledge
- Paid marketing for LinkedIn, Meta & Google
- eCommerce performance marketing agency experience
- Whitepaper & copywriting experience
- eCommerce data & analytics knowledge
- Podcast production
Our Values 👏
At Leaf we are driven by our mission and values and as a new Leafer we expect you to embrace and live them as part of the execution of your role as a Digital Marketing Manager.
People First: We believe that people are at the heart of our success. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for building and nurturing strong relationships with our team, customers, and partners.
Tech-Centric: Our company is built on a foundation of engineering, design, and data science. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will have a deep understanding of digital marketing tools and technologies and be able to leverage them to deliver exceptional results.
Heroic: We are committed to overcoming challenges and doing what’s right, especially when it’s hard. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be a key player in our journey and we expect you to always go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
Invent. Simplify. Be Curious: We are constantly pushing boundaries and experimenting with new solutions. You will be encouraged to think outside the box, simplify complex problems and continuously acquire new skills and knowledge to push what’s possible, further.
What we offer you:
- Completely remote working.
- Flexible hours.
- Chance to join a team of leading, experienced professionals.
- Opportunity to learn and use innovative technologies and methodologies.
- Competitive salary that adjusts to your country’s cost of living and your career experience.
- Generous paid leave and parental family benefits.
Our recruitment process:
- Stage 1 – Initial interview with Head of People & Hiring Manager
- Stage 2 – Portfolio review with our Cheif Revenue Officer (the dept lead) and our CEO
- Stage 3 – References
- Stage 4 – Paperwork and job offer.
You will need to share with us your CV and a Portfolio of your work (i.e. digital content, blog posts, articles, white papers, etc).