Our US sales team is looking for an ambitious, resourceful, and experienced VP Sales – North America to help drive Leapsome’s North American growth strategy based out of our New York office. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in our global expansion and to help shape the future of work within the North American market.
We are a fast-paced, scaling company, and our sales team consists of high-impact individuals who directly drive our acceleration and provide product expertise to our continuously growing customer base. We value collaboration and your input – and that includes having you visit our headquarters, in the heart of Berlin, as a way to connect further with our leadership team and other functions.
What is Leapsome?
Leapsome is the all-in-one platform for people enablement and engagement. We combine tools for goals & OKR management, performance reviews and 360s, employee engagement surveys, continuous feedback, as well as team and 1:1 meetings into an easy-to-use, customizable platform.
At Leapsome, we want work to be the best it can be for everyone. That’s why we help companies create environments where people can achieve goals, learn and grow together, and build authentic relationships — our purpose is to make work fulfilling for everyone!
CEOs and HR/People Operations teams in international, forward-thinking companies like Spotify, Mercedes-Benz, Unity, and Babbel choose Leapsome to enhance their people enablement processes. Forbes magazine listed Leapsome as one of the 100 most innovative startups in Germany.
After successfully bootstrapping to more than 1,000 customers, Leapsome raised $60 million in Series A Funding led by Insight Partners in March 2022. The funding will allow us to further invest in developing our leading people enablement platform for our customers, create an even stronger employee experience, and open our first US office in NYC, making it a very exciting point in our journey to join Leapsome.
We stay true to our values in everything we do at Leapsome.
- Listen & learn— We always seek understanding. It helps us grow together and learn from each other.
- Challenge the status quo— We challenge ourselves and don’t walk the beaten path just because everyone else does.
- Be honest & transparent— We are honest and transparent with each other and ourselves.
- Seek impact— We hold ourselves accountable for the impact we want to have in this world.
- Take ownership & pursue excellence — We’re a group of smart and dedicated people, we trust each other to truly own our work.
- Be kind & humble— We are more than just colleagues — we genuinely care for each other.
What is your job?
- Become the leader of our North American sales organization (25+ people), reporting to the EVP of Global Sales
- Lead and own the GTM strategy and execution for North America
- Recruit, enable, and coach top talented sales leaders and professionals to be successful and effective at scale, helping them to grow and develop on an individual and professional level.
- Grow the revenue and sales-related KPIs in accordance with our ambitious plans while working to make sales processes and structures scalable
- Liaise with customers where needed to support the sales teams’ engagements and perform the role of the executive sponsor in North America
- Be a core member of the global sales leadership team and wider extended company leadership team
Who are we looking for?
- You have a solid 10+ years track record as a B2B Sales leader (including 2nd line leadership) and expertise in designing and executing GTM motions
- You have successfully built and led high-performing teams (SMB, MM, enterprise), including experience in recruiting and mentoring
- You are experienced in stakeholder management, excel in structured communication, and make decisions based on data
- You are passionate about employee enablement, continuous learning, and the future of work, and you are ambitious to have a real impact in this space
- You are a very process-driven person and continuously work to improve existing processes
- You have a good understanding of technology and can work in a high pace / async environment
- You are passionate about the future of work and you want to join us in building an exceptional team and company to have a real impact in this space
- You are heavily aligned with our company values
Benefits at Leapsome
- Impact:Become part of a fast-growing scale-up taking over the People Performance & Enablement space by making work fulfilling for more than two million people by 2025.
- Vacation:Take 30 vacation days per year, plus public holidays.
- Parental leave:Up to 8 weeks 100% paid parental leave, with additional unpaid leave option
- Competitive package:Competitive salary, benefits and a pre-IPO equity package.
- Financial wellness:Employer-sponsored 401(k), plus access to Origin, a financial wellness tool for your financial planning, advising, and support.
- Health care:Robust medical, dental, vision, and life and disability insurance plans. Additional perks include One Medical, tele-health services, and access for employees and dependents to a health care advocacy team.
- Mental health & wellness:Access to 1:1 therapy sessions via our mental health partner, plus company workshops and learning pathways on topics like mindfulness and digital wellness. Stay active and healthy with our company-sponsored wellness benefits.
- Learning and development: Develop your skills with a $2000 annual development budget and dedicated time for learning.
- Teammates & feedback culture: Join a diverse and international team of talented, smart, and kind people. We value feedback exchange and celebrating successes — big and small.
- Hybrid model & flexible work:Enjoy our hybrid model by working from home or in our office in the heart of NYC. Experience a work-life balance with flexible hours.
You want to be part of Leapsome?
Just send us your CV!
A cover letter isn’t necessary, but we’d appreciate a brief answer to these questions: Why Leapsome? Why you?
Please note: During the application process, you don’t need to input information already mentioned in your CV.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Expected Compensation: $ 225,000 to $230,000
For compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges on all US job advertisements. This role will be eligible for additional compensation in the form of bonuses and stock options.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise.
To apply for this job please visit www.leapsome.com.