At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world’s biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we’re actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are seeking a Communications Executive who will help to implement effective integrated communications programmes across our rapidly growing organisation which operates in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Based out of London or Paris, the successful candidate will work with fellow team members and departments across the business to ensure that Mangopay’s story, vision and values are understood and recognised by multiple stakeholder audiences. This is a hands-on role with exposure to a wide variety of communications activities and opportunities to develop a broad range of skills.
What will you be responsible for?
- Working within the Communications team to effectively develop and manage key communications channels, collaborating closely with executives, external agencies and internal functions such as growth marketing, product, revenue and HR.
- Managing Mangopay’s social media channels, preparing and posting a variety of content.
- Drafting and editing business content and announcements in a variety of formats for both internal and external distribution.
- Monitoring the media for trends and opportunities, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs.
- Arranging logistics for internal and external communications events and briefings.
- Preparing reports and analysis of results, researching and keeping track of opportunities (e.g., thought leadership and feature opportunities, speaking engagements and awards).
- Supporting the delivery of strategic employee communications and handling ad hoc internal communications requests.
- Supporting the company’s press office function (maintaining databases and dealing with incoming enquiries).
- Working with suppliers including translators, video editors, and designers and managing them effectively.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of one year’s experience of working in an in-house or agency communications role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a broad range of communications activities (media, websites, employee comms, events and social media). Experience of working with communications tools (CMS, social media management tools such as HootSuite, Sprout Social) is a plus.
- Strong communication, business writing and interpersonal skills, with rigorous attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a flexible and proactive approach.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, able to juggle tasks and work under pressure.
- While direct sector experience is not a pre-requisite, experience of working with related organisations (B2B Tech/SaaS, payments) is beneficial.
- Experience of communicating with a global audience including non-native English speakers.
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. Proficiency in a second European language is a plus.
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.