At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world’s biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we’re actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
Mangopay Group is looking for a Salesforce Administrator to participate in the development of our Salesforce.com platform using declarative tools. You will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform and handling release management.
In this position, you will also support users (maintaining roles, permissions, securities, etc.), implement customisations/configurations to page layouts, records, and objects, maintain the integrity of all data, and troubleshoot as necessary.
What will you be responsible for?
- Serving as a System Administrator for the Salesforce.com platform with ~200 users
- Handling all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance validations, flows, and other routine tasks within Sales Cloud and other managed packages
- Working with other members of the Salesforce Administrator team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Working independently to maintain subject matter expertise with each new Salesforce.com release
- Actively contributing to the development of solutions and ideas that add value
- Implementing scalable solutions
- Testing and Monitoring UATs
- Effectively and actively playing the role of technical advisor for projects, providing advice on tools, processes and design to others
- Participating in user troubleshooting
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum three years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Excellent knowledge of the standard capabilities of salesforce including flows, user management, security, custom objects, page layouts, validation rules
- Demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Autonomous, creative, curious, and analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Being certified is mandatory (Salesforce Administrator and/or Sales Cloud Consultant)
- Knowledge of Apex, Lightning Components, and Visualforce is a plus
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.