At MedScout, we believe there’s a massive opportunity to create the first revenue acceleration platform built specifically for sales and marketing teams at life science companies.
We founded the company in early 2021 and have made significant commercial progress. With the impending closing of our Seed round, we’ll have raised $6.8m from incredible investors. We’re ready to scale and want to bring on our first dedicated Product Marketing hire. If joining an early-stage software startup and making a significant impact on its trajectory excites you, this is your chance.
Are we a fit for each other?
At this stage, how you operate is more important than what you’ll do day-to-day. As our 10th or 11th team member, we’re looking for strong alignment to the following core values.
- Effort on our inputs: We prepare diligently, leave it all on the “field”, and move on quickly. Focusing on good habits and work ethic, not individual outcomes, ultimately creates a winning culture and a successful company.
- Earn Trust: We keep our commitments to our customers, partners, and each other. We listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. We strive to demonstrate empathy, inclusion, and intellectual honesty.
- Intelligence Drives Operations: We learn continuously and have the humility to quickly recognize when our assumptions are wrong so we can readjust accordingly.
- Hire And Develop The Best: Good players like playing on good teams. We look to raise the bar with every hire and promotion. We work hard to identify and develop high potential.
- Take Decisive Action: The only sure path to continuous improvement is a hypothesis-driven approach with a bias for speed of experimentation.
How will you help build MedScout?
- Formalize and iterate on our brand positioning and messaging by deeply understanding our persona(s), what’s working well today, our marketscape + differentiation, and where we’d like to go in the future.
- Own and improve our brand assets (site content, LinkedIn thought leadership, sales enablement, etc).
- Assess and oversee the execution of our first dedicated growth efforts. To date, we’ve grown primarily through outbound sales and referrals. Moving forward, we think there are opportunities to use content, an ABM approach, social, SEO, referral loops, partnerships, and other channels to drive inbound demand for MedScout. This will most likely involve the selection and management of contractors.
- Collaborate with Sales, the CEO (and eventually Product Management), Customer Success, and Engineering to build and launch new features of the MedScout platform. In addition, you’ll own the the evolution of our (very early) efforts to build social proof within our customer base.
- Evaluate the performance of our v1 of pricing and packaging and find potential changes to better align with prospect/customer value drivers.
How we’ll evaluate you:
- Are you researching, scoping, and strategically executing tests for ways to improve Top/Middle/Bottom of the funnel Sales funnel at the appropriate pace?
- Do our Sales, Product Management, and Customer Success team members feel that you’re meaningfully contributing to their prospect and customer-facing interactions?
What does an ideal background look like?
- 6+ years of Product Marketing experience at a Seed – Series B high-growth B2B SaaS company with evidence of progressing into leadership and/or increased ownership
- Ideally, at a sales-driven company with an ASP of ~$30k – $200k per year.
- Experience launching new features or products
- Experience collaborating with a Product Management function
Nice to haves:
- Experience building for Sales teams
- Experience building within Healthcare
- Experience at multiple companies
- Understanding of the medical device/life science market
What is the interview process?
- Intro call with the CEO where we can get to know each other, your experience, what we’re all about, and have an opportunity for you to get more information. You won’t have to prep anything for this call.
- One hour call with the VP of Sales, Customer Success Lead, and CEO. We’ll walk through your experiences, discuss what we’re working on in detail, and ensure we’re a fit for each other.
- If both of us would like to move to next steps, we would schedule additional time for you to present some previous product marketing work to the broader team in a dedicated meeting. Ideally, you’ll be able to send over information beforehand so we can come prepared with where we’d like to dig in. This is an excellent opportunity for us both to get a feel for what a collaborative working environment will be like.
- Offer components presented to you in writing (we can talk about ranges beforehand). We can review the offer structure and answer any questions or concerns you may have asynchronously or live, whichever you prefer.
- 3 Reference Calls. We expect to hear great things, so this is mainly to understand how to work best with you.
- Formal offer presented for your consideration.
What can you expect from us?
- A market-competitive salary.
- An incredible equity package. You’re going to feel like an owner of this company.
- Fully covered healthcare and a great vision, dental, and 401k package.
- You will feel heard. You will hear, “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to execute your ideas successfully.
- This is the opportunity to build a function from the ground up. As we scale, you’ll have the chance to build a team in collaboration with the CEO.
- Remote first culture and quarterly on-sites with the rest of the MedScout Team.
- Generous budget for learning and development + any tools you feel would make you more effective.