The American economy is broken. Today 53 million working adults–nearly half of the U.S. workforce–do not earn a living wage. And these talented workers have few options to advance: college is too long and expensive, full-time bootcamp programs don’t offer enough flexibility, and online courses don’t have the structure or support to translate learning into a new career. The result? Talented workers, disproportionately people of color and women, get stuck in low-wage roles with no way to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Merit America is a national nonprofit that creates pathways to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees, stuck in low-wage work. Our fast, flexible solutions are built for working adults: we start by analyzing tens of millions of job postings to identify in-demand, high-paying tech careers, and then work with industry-recognized partners to train for these roles with part-time programs that combine flexible online learning with best-in-class coaching. Finally, we work with a broad constellation of local and national employers like JPMorgan Chase and Infosys to place learners into higher-earning, family-sustaining jobs, driving an average wage gain of $19k. Merit America is on a mission to build a scalable pathway for workers to join the middle class through merit, not money. We’re on track to generate $1B in wage gains by 2024.
About the Role:
The primary mission of Merit America’s first Account-Based Marketing Manager is to ideate, design, and execute Merit America’s entire account-based marketing process to generate a strong top-of-funnel sales pipeline and expand on existing opportunities within target accounts, thus attracting employer partners who will hire our incredible learners.
Merit America’s first Account-Based Marketing Manager is an exempt role and will report directly to the Vice President of Earned Revenue and work primarily with the Sustainability and Marketing teams. A successful candidate will 1) design & execute 1:1, 1: few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account segments, 2) research specific industry sectors, companies, and personas to produce targeted materials and messaging and inform the GTM, 3) measure and report on the impact of marketing campaigns and refine the process over time and 4) ensure quality leads are being scored, ranked, and funneled to our BDR and Sales teams.
What You’ll be Doing:
The responsibilities of Merit America’s first Account-Based Marketing Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and drive the first Merit America account-based marketing strategy to attract national and local employer partners by researching the market, understanding customer preferences, personas, and trends, and partnering with other earned revenue and marketing team members.
- Develop and map a scoring methodology for leads that translates to higher conversion rates, stronger opportunities, and quicker closed business
- Design and execute the overall B2B marketing strategy by defining and creating marketing materials and content and working cross-functionally with the Comms/Marketing teams
Monitor and refine the marketing plan: develop metrics for success and utilize tools to track the success of marketing strategies, refining and improving the approach over time
What Makes a Successful Candidate:
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Below are the skills that are relevant for thriving in this role:
- 3-5 years experience with account-based marketing to drive successful campaigns, including:
- Knowledge of account-based marketing practices and technologies
- Experience creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Phenomenal commercial acumen, and the ability to articulate value propositions to senior business leaders
- Experience working with a sales organization
- Experience using and leveraging business insight tools such as Google Analytics and Tableau
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Phenomenal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly innovate and iterate based on data-driven metrics
- Exceptional cross-functional coordination skills
- Be energized by our organizational mission – to provide a pathway to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees
- Proven history of living within our values
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- Commitment to DEIJ
Nice to Have:
- Any experience in talent acquisition or staffing
- Experience with B2B content marketing and service marketing skills
- This position is full time: 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Location: Remote
- Salary : $125,900 – $125,900
We take care of our employees by providing the following perks and benefits:
- 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement & personal development stipend
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation (after a 90-day introductory period)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits (after 1 year of employment)
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 1 week office closure in July (week of July 4th)
- 2 week holiday office closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
- Discount perks at work program
- Phone/technology stipend
- Home office setup stipend
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the 50 states or District of Columbia and have full authorization to work in the 50 U.S. states & the District of Columbia (international work abroad, including the U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and other islands are excluded). In addition, Merit America doesn’t offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Follow us on social media