We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don’t have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
MetaMap is actively looking for a proactive and influential Product Marketer to join our marketing team in Latin America. This role will play a vital part in launching new solutions and directly impacting our brand, product usage, and revenue. We are seeking a full-stack marketer who excels in understanding sales challenges, analyzing customer needs and market trends, and has fluent English proficiency. If you’re passionate about making a significant impact, we eagerly await your application!
- 2+ years of work experience in field marketing, product marketing or business development
- Experience in Product Marketing
- At least 2+ years’ experience of B2B marketing to large and medium-sized corporate organizations
- Fluent Portuguese speaker, writer, and presenter. Proficient in English. Spanish is a strong plus
- Initiator. Capable of engaging, influencing and making an impact on cross-organizational functions
- Proactive approach, hands-on, pulling the strings of multiple tasks and functions in order to plan and execute regional marketing activities such as regional events and meetups
- Ability to perform back-office research tasks of mapping, collecting, and understanding region-specific data and turn it into knowledge for the sales force
- Ability to influence the focus of marketing and communications initiatives successfully is essential, as is the need for first class interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Able to demonstrate strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and within a (virtual) team environment
Positioning and Messaging
- Support MetaMap positioning in the marketplace
- Develop buyer personas; Perform primary and secondary user research to find what resonates best with our users, prospects, and partners
- In partnership with the rest of the team, determine what audiences we should be focusing on and in what order
- Define market segmentation and propose the best value proposition for each of of them
- Ideate, test, and refine the messaging we use in our go-to-market
- Design differentiated messaging for each one of our audiences
- Ensure that our marketing materials, including website, sales presentations, etc., support and advance our positioning and narrative.
- Influence our website presence and performance in partnership with the design and content/SEO team
- Design and run experiments to continuously optimize the product communication
Product & Competitors
- Influence the evolution of products by working closely with the global Engineering & Product teams and other stakeholders for the launch of new products and services
- Become a product expert, and be able to interact with partners, prospects, customers, and the community, in general, to explain how MetaMap adds value and fits into their daily work lives
- Understand and monitor our primary competitors, their positioning, and how we differentiate.
- Map and analyze regional needs, trends, TAM, and potential sales targets
- Provide insights to the Product & Engineering teams that will allow us to iterate and improve our product
- Own the go-to-market strategy for new products from the design to the strategy delivery, guaranteeing the end-to-end marketing strategies and enabling growth and engagement
- Manage reporting and effective communication on project progress and results
Sales and Partner Support
- Enable our sales team with messaging that highlights the value of our product
- Create decks, demo scripts, and demo environments for our sales teams and partners in support of our positioning and highlighting the unique offerings we bring to the market
- Understand why and how we win/lose deals
- Interact with customers to understand their usage of our product; In partnership with the Content team, create case studies and testimonials that highlight the value that we provide to customers
- Use a lot of data (from different sources) to put together meaningful strategies to deliver new products and services to our merchants
- Writing, testing, and training sales teams on the core product message
- Drive marketing campaigns, exhibitions and workshops, and region-oriented content creation
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other legally protected class. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.