The Revenue Operations Analyst is responsible for territory planning/equitability/coverage model and administering the global sales incentive plan. This person will master the nuanced data and processes associated with the sales organization’s quotas, quota attainment, commission structure, territory structures and performance, etc. Most importantly, the Revenue Operations Analyst will be a trusted advisor to executive leadership, sales leadership, and finance when evaluating the global sales organization’s performance and levers associated with success.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Map compensation plans from each role in the sales organization to the commission software (Performio) and monitor/adjust as necessary.
- On an ongoing basis, audit and maintain accuracy of data in Performio to ensure commission plans are being executed as planned.
- Manage all communication associated with commission disputes with individuals and appropriate sales leadership.
- Adjust compensation plans on an as-needed basis relative to territory changes, quota adjustments, new hires, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Partner with Finance to ensure accurate and timely payment for the entire sales organization.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to establish annual goals and subsequent commission plans. Champion the idea that ‘compensation drives behavior’ and advocate for necessary changes relative to the desired outcomes of the business.
- Administer and manage all PVA’s (Personal Variable Addendum) and VIP’s (Variable Incentive Plans).
- Evaluate territory equitability for each region, team, and territory to ensure Minitab’s corporate goals are aligned with sales goals and compensation budgets.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to establish and manage ad hoc SPIFF programs (Sales Program Incentive Funds) to supplement annual commission plans.
- Leverage Engineering, Finance, and SQL as necessary to pull and analyze data from the data warehouse.
- Proactively monitor and assess sales data on an ongoing basis to ensure future annual planning efforts are streamlined.
- Perform other duties and carry out additional assignments and responsibilities as business needs arise in support of the Global Field Operations OKRs.
- Participate in special projects as directed by the Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Enablement.
Education, Knowledge, And Experience
- 4+ years of experience in Sales/Revenue Operations, Finance, or a related role.
- 2+ years of experience administering sales commission software / plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Data Analytics and/or Information Systems, or closely related discipline(s) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with CRM and data visualization tools
- Strong understanding of sales concepts and KPI’s
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong experience in analytics, requirements gathering, solution design, and
- Understanding of core business processes within a software sales environment
- Experience with analytical support tools (such as SQL, Power BI) strongly preferred
Qualifications, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent financial acumen with the ability to navigate large amounts of data with extreme precision.
- Strong passion for problem solving
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands with varying degrees of urgency.
- Ability to document and improve processes
- Excellent project management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability and passion to think strategically while executing tactically
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and
- Highly proficient at queries, report writing, and communicating & presenting findings across functional lines of business.
- Ability and initiative to work effectively both independently and on a
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (<5%).
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.