We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
About our Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) team:
As a part of the COO office, you will be at the centre of Monzo and gain hands-on experience in running a progressive, mission-led company. You will work closely with the Chief of Staff to the COO to deliver critical projects and strategic initiatives across the business. You will get visibility across the company and the broader world of investors, government, the financial sector and our user community that our executive team engages with. Our COO leads a team of 1000+ representing >75% of the organisation, and has direct responsibility for People, Marketing & PR, Design, and Operations.
What you’ll be involved in:
- Supporting delivery of critical projects and strategic initiatives, such as the company strategy
- Supporting delivery of key processes for the company, such as goals and headcount management
- Analysing and reporting on data on our performance while developing an understanding the underlying drivers
- Collaborating with people across the company to unblock complex challenges
- Supporting preparation for meetings and interactions with regulators, investors, journalists, board members, and employee forums
- Helping create and share major communications (e.g. strategy, funding, leadership changes)
- Representing the COO office to the organisation
You should apply if:
- You have experience working in management consulting or start ups
- You have experience working with data – comfortable with spreadsheets and able to run queries using Looker and other analytical tools
- You’re curious, thrive in ambiguity and ask incisive questions to understand context and formulate an approach to solving problems
- You’re a team player who is not afraid to get your hands dirty to get things done
- You’re a skilled multi-tasker who enjoys context switching while also being able to dive into the details
- You’re commercially minded and think about business impact
- You’re an excellent collaborator and communicator who enjoys building relationships across the business
- You’re discrete and can be trusted to represent the COO to the organisation
- You’re organised, detailed oriented and thorough
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 min): One of our Hiring team will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
- Take-home task: This stage requires you to analyse data and create a set of slides to summarise your thinking.
- Final interviews (2 x 45 min interviews): This stage consists of a data thinking interview and a conversation with the Chief of Staff to the COO.
Our average process takes around 2-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on [email protected].
The close date for this role is the 8th January 2023
What’s in it for you:
💰 £45,000 to £55,000 base salary ➕ plus stock options
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role is based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.