Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for an experienced, savvy director of marketing operations to join our team, and to drive an enterprise-scale revenue marketing performance framework that helps Muck Rack achieve its next level of growth.
Reporting to our new VP of revenue marketing, as our first ever director of marketing operations your mission will be to create, deploy and manage a best practices-based marketing tracking, measurement and reporting system, built on Marketo and Salesforce. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you love leveraging technology to engage with key audiences, calibrating marketing program performance, and reporting on measurable growth and scale.
What you’ll do:
- Specify and build out new Marketo instance, integrated into Salesforce and deployed by end of Q224
- Evaluate and deploy additional software and tools as required – e.g. lead attribution, intent, chatbots, data sources, etc.
- Build out and track best practices-based B2B SaaS funnel framework(s), aligned with audience segment, ACV and sales stage
- Serve as the marketing analytics expert, providing data/insights that help the team achieve their goals and maximize the value of marketing investments
- Generate regular reports on marketing programs/funnel performance, and present them to internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with GTM teams – especially SDRs and RevOps – to provide pipeline/funnel insights that help them achieve their goals
- Support the transition of all current marketing processes off of Hubspot, by end of Q324
- Help establish a measurement mindset in marketing – serve as an ambassador on behalf of the data
- Operate as an active, vocal member of revenue marketing and the marketing leadership team
How success will be measured in this role:
- Successful deployment of new marketing tech stack with integration into GTM system by end of Q224, and transition off of existing software by end of Q324
- Establishment of a “single source of truth” measurement framework, used and trusted by the marketing and GTM teams to drive decision making, investment and action
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing teams, with minimum of 5 years of related experience in marketing operations
- Experience in a business that grew from sub-100 to over $100M in ARR
- Proficiency in Marketo, Salesforce, lead attribution and other standard revenue marketing software
- Comfort with Hubspot
- Proven ability to formulate, track and manage the marketing funnel
- Great communications skills – with the ability to translate technical data into business insights, and present those findings clearly to all audiences
- A born collaborator, with the ability to effectively partner with a wide range of internal teams and clients
- A self-directed doer and problem solver, with a passion for building scale processes
- Intellectual curiosity, and the desire to maintain fluency in state-of-the-art marketing tech
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $150,000 and $175,000+, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary, an annual bonus plan, and equity. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.
If you’re excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don’t let it stop you from applying. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.