Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an ambitious, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented Outbound Sales Development Representative to join our team and make a big impact.
As an Outbound SDR at Muck Rack, you will work closely with our sales team to generate opportunities through outbound outreach. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced sales environment where you’ll be the first “face” of Muck Rack to prospective customers, representing our team, culture, and brand.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect leads via email and phone to schedule meetings in order to meet and exceed an established quota
- Manage and overcome objections from potential buyers
- Establish efficient systems to reach out to companies in a creative way
- Track PR industry news to identify outreach opportunities
- Organize and assign leads through Muck Rack’s CRM , while maintaining accurate records, activities, and reports
- Propose creative ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools
- Perform A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to gather data for sales enablement
How success will be measured in this role:
- Open/reply rates on emails
- Meetings Booked
- Qualified Meetings Held
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- At least 1 year of experience working in SaaS as a sales development representative OR 1 year of professional experience in a PR role
- Sales-oriented mindset, innate curiosity and a love for building relationships with new people
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to write creative, personalized emails to prospects and to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- Strong phone presence, with a natural ability to connect and engage with potential customers and develop rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly accountable and self-motivated with a growth mindset that keeps you open to feedback and coaching
- A proven track record with learning new tools and technologies quickly—we use Google Apps, Hubspot, Slack, Chili Piper and LeadIQ
- Must be willing to work East Coast hours
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for the Outbound Sales Development Representative role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 45-minute zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A written take-home assignment (1 hour max)
- Panel interview with several members of our team
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is $53,000, with $68,000+ in OTE. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.
If you’re excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don’t let it stop you from applying. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.