Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Business Operations and Strategy who is passionate about improving how teams work.
In this role you will lead a talented team of IC’s and Managers across three functional areas (Business Analytics, Business Operations & our Strategy Team (CI + Corp Dev)). This leader will report directly to the SVP of Strategy & Operations who sits on the Executive Team and leads all central operations functions at Mural.
Your team will be responsible for leading high-priority cross-functional projects while ensuring alignment and accountability across the leadership team and greater organization. This will involve collaborating with executives to design and implement processes that will enable our business to scale effectively, as well as serving as a liaison between leadership and various internal and external stakeholders.
In the first three months, you will develop a strong understanding of the business objectives, how teams work, and establish a clear charter for this organization. Your team is the central heartbeat and pulse of the organization’s health and will be responsible for key projects like OKRs, planning, board reporting, metrics definitions and deep product & Go-to-market analysis.
- Establish a new functional organization by taking a newly formed group of teams and transforming them into a fully operational organization
- Lead a talented Business Analytics function and help them become the center of data excellence for the organization
- Nurture and grow our Business Operations function by creating a process and managing major cross functional projects that will define our now, next and future g2m and product strategies
- Create a strong operational processes to establish and manage our rhythm of the business (ROB) in collaboration with our strategy organization
- Define a best in class competitive intelligence division and establish a corp dev function
- Incubating new functions and processes for the Operations organization
- 10 years + working in the same or similar function (BizOps, Strategy, RevOps, Finance, etc..)
- Experience managing individual contributors and managers
- Track record of success in building new operational processes and working through ambiguity
- Experience working with fully remote or distributed companies across multiple time zones
- Have strong executive presence and the ability to work directly with the Executive Team
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.