Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The Marketing organization is looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing to build out our product marketing function. This team will partner cross-functionally to drive a unifying thread between business goals, product goals, and our positioning with consumers in the market. We expect the leader of this team to play a key role in bringing multiple high priority initiatives to market in the coming months.
- Develop the positioning statement for key product launches. What is the value we are offering to the customer? How do we stack up to competitor capabilities? How does this launch tie back to our brand differentiators?
- Build marketing strategy for launches. Pull together business goals, technical considerations, and expertise of the marketing teams to align on audiences to target, channels to employ, countries to activate, etc.
- Work across teams to align on product or feature naming and brand architecture.
- Assess upcoming product and feature launches to identify bigger stories or position multiple launches in a clear way for consumers and tie those launches back to the broader Netflix value proposition.
- Work with product and comms partners to clearly define marketing needs and coordinate various parts of the marketing organization to execute against those needs (e.g. brand design, organic social, paid social, partner marketing, etc).
- Partner with content design to ensure coherent and consistent language and narrative between in-service and off-service messaging.
- Build out the product marketing capability and team at Netflix.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing or related field with an emphasis on product marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication capabilities with the ability to work across both highly technical and highly creative teams.
- Deep experience and success in managing large cross-functional teams to bring products and features to market.
- Experience in developing consumer messaging, positioning, and targeting, and in handling multi-country product launches.
- Excellent leadership capabilities and experience building out high functioning product marketing teams.
- High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Respect, understanding and enthusiasm for Netflix culture.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $335,000 – $1,300,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Follow us on social media