The Product Marketing Manager bridges the gap between our design, product management and marketing teams both internal and external to drive a successful marketing and performance-based brand strategy. You combine data and customer insights to achieve marketing and business goals.
- Partner with Marketing, game, and LiveOps teams to develop and ensure proper execution of all product and marketing strategies, push notifications, emailers, in-game blockers, etc
- Adjust events to predict high-quality players, monitor every adjusted event for quality, and test for more events so that our UA partners can improve their campaigns
- Create and execute the marketing roadmap for our messaging platforms, marketing tools and all campaign assets, and copy. Break down features of the roadmap to set goals
- Work with Senior Product Managers and project leads to understand and/or define KPI targets for CTR and conversion of messaging and marketing campaigns
- Partner with publisher to run their VIP engagement and retention campaigns
- Build out messaging plan and execution calendar with internal teams for player communications, Social, and PR for in-game LiveOps events and feature updates
- Work with a team of analysts for consumer research, market analysis, competitor follow-ups, and strategic monitoring of the industry
- Use analysis to make recommendations and pivots to marketing strategy as needed
- Use analysis to establish the positioning of new games in the market, identify target player segment(s), and identify value propositions and key messages that bond the right players to our games
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to management and the game teams to help inform business, UA, marketing, and strategic decisions
- Use consumer insights to identify market opportunities and target demographics for Boss Fight products
- Calculate market sizing for the target player segments
- Work closely with game teams to provide detailed marketing forecasts and management presentations on an as-needed weekly, and quarterly basis.
- Act as a bridge to ensure there is alignment across all internal and external teams, stakeholders, paid acquisitions, and social channels for the lifecycle of the product
- Consult with designers and engineers to ensure features can achieve KPI targets
- Define and execute AB and multivariate tests in the App Stores and with marketing campaigns
- Work on re-engagement campaigns (often with Community) via push, email, and social to increase retention, particularly of VIPs
- Work with internal groups to influence App Store pages including updates when we have new features (icon, copy, keywords, screenshots), ensure App Store optimization
- Create, organize, and manage a library of product marketing materials and process documents
- Own all external events including inbound and outbound cross-promotion campaigns or partner events, and ensure these are in line with KPIs, strategies, and targets
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform research analytics at industry, genre, and game level to inform product
- Strong business & creative acumen in games environment
- Demonstrated success in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and marketing strategies/campaigns
- Capable of managing multiple competing tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines in a quickly evolving environment
- Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to informed decision making
- Self-motivated team player able to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Highly organized with the ability to quickly identify and prioritize opportunities for optimal ROI
- Able to give detailed feedback and communicate direction between internal teams and external partners
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Drive to innovate marketing practices and bring product marketing management to the next level
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience in similar role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of experience in the gaming or similar entertainment industry
- Live free-to-play game experience on at least 1 top mobile title
- Experience with data analysis and related tools (SQL, Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with A/B, and multivariate testing
- Understanding of product and marketing strategy and growth
- Experience with user acquisition
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
- The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 – $230,000
- This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. This means you will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is required that you have reliable transportation to get to/from work, as well as for various work-related tasks/assignments.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location