Niantic is seeking an Associate Product Marketing Manager to work on one of mobile gaming’s most beloved titles, Pokémon GO. Be a part of the go-to-market planning and execution for a game that still to this day, transforms lives and creates unforgettable memories.
In this role you’ll handle marketing communications and planning for Pokémon GO campaigns. The ideal candidate has an existing passion for the product and is able to balance multiple responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines.
This person will work closely with various cross-functional teams to implement strategies and tactics aimed at growing Pokémon GO’s player base while keeping existing Trainers informed and engaged. As this is a global product, this person will need to collaborate with teammates from around the world to ensure consistency and accuracy across all regions for marketing initiatives.
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Run Pokémon GO’s Go-to-Market campaigns while handling all related marketing channels (Social Media, Direct Marketing, events, Paid UA etc.) to sustain and run a globally available live mobile game.
- Champion marketing processes in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Marketing Communications, Community Management and Comms/Comms/Public Relations teams.
- Track and work towards key performance goals including: consumer awareness, user acquisition, DAU, MAU and user retention.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Conduct return on investment analyses on marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Craft and produce impactful experiences (including real-world events as well as digital promotions) for fans with core business objectives in mind.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing or Project Management, ideally for a live service product.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
- Business level communication in Japanese.
The salary range for this role is $39.81 – $48.97 per hour.