Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, age, or disability or union membership status.
Our teams are putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We provide services to partner clients globally via our innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform (“OSP”), this drives our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). In our CFCs – together with the proprietary software applications – we operate a world-class online grocery business that automates the single pick of products, ready for your online delivery.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced B2B product marketing manager to help drive partner growth and accelerate the global adoption of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
Combining proprietary innovation and breakthroughs across AI, ML, robotics, data science, simulations and cloud technologies, the Ocado Smart Platform is recognised as the leading suite of solutions for online grocery in the world. Used by some of the most innovative grocery retailers, the Ocado Smart Platform is perhaps best known for our state of the art automated warehouses where thousands of bots collaborate seamlessly to fulfil customer orders in minutes.
But that’s just one of the many exciting proprietary technologies you’ll get to play with.
The Ocado Smart Platform is an end-to-end platform that spans powerful webshop and mobile apps; a suite of fulfilment options including our large, mini and micro CFCs, as well as manual fulfilment from stores or dark stores; a smart supply chain and a hyper optimised last mile. And we are only getting started.
From robotic arms seamlessly collaborating with our bots to pick live customer orders, to retail media monetisation, to rethinking sustainable fulfilment, we are constantly reimagining and shaping what the future of grocery will look like.
We are now looking for a highly experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team, reporting to the Marketing Director. In this role, you will be instrumental in defining and articulating the OSP value proposition across a number of product families and propositions.
This role requires a commercially savvy storyteller with proven experience in B2B technology product marketing who can bring to life our amazing products through a wide range of assets, formats, and campaigns tailored to different stakeholders and markets. You will collaborate with our product, engineering, commercial, and partner success teams to gain a forensic understanding of our products, partners, prospects and the wider market opportunity. You will own the messaging and positioning of the products and themes in your portfolio, leading GTM and partner marketing strategy.
You’ll Work closely with the Marketing Director, Creative Lead, Ocado Solutions CEO, Ocado Technology CPO and other key stakeholders across the business including Solutions Management and Product Management.
What you’ll be doing
- Become a subject matter expert on the product families and themes in your portfolio (examples include retail media, on-demand grocery, robotic pick, fulfilment)
- Formulate and launch a host of sales tools, info on new products, data templates and guides, in addition to other assets designed to influence the sales cycle and drive product adoption within the Partnership
- Build a solid grasp of the end-to-end capabilities of the Ocado Smart Platform, especially in relation to your portfolio of products and themes; the ability to ‘connect the dots’ and extol the benefits of our end-to-end proposition is key
- Alongside the Marketing Director and wider Product Marketing Team, develop and own key messaging that articulates the future vision for the Ocado Smart Platform
- Collaborate closely with the relevant Product Director/s to develop a proactive marketing strategy and roadmap, helping excite, motivate and prepare our partners for upcoming product releases and launches
- Content evangelism and ownership: define product positioning, messaging and marketing programmes that support partner growth and OSP deals
- Line manage up to three Product Marketing Managers
- Research, insights and analysis: have a pulse on market, competitor and consumer research; be able to articulate how Ocado and OSP differentiates from other solutions and what key benefits it offers global retailers and their customers
- Collaborate with ‘Technology Communications’ to ensure aligned, streamlined and impactful partner communications on new products, capabilities and features
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Commercial teams to plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of our go-to-market strategy in new markets
- Sales enablement: use your market and product knowledge to help sales align their selling process to the way the market wants to buy – collaborate with sales re: product and launch updates
- Cross-functional working: develop strong relationships and collaborate closely with stakeholders, both internally and externally, ensuring regular communication across the business
- Partner marketing campaigns: as we grow, more partner development, case studies, user groups will develop. You will drive and support many of these programmes.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and wider team to develop and grow a library of impactful assets to showcase the Ocado Smart Platform to potential clients
- Proven experience in Product Marketing or another relevant marketing/communications/product discipline at the forefront of B2B Tech
- Commercially savvy with high numerical literacy and ability to ‘speak’ P&L
- Driven self-starter with a laser focus on results
- A talented storyteller with the ability to distil complex products and articulate powerful and impactful product stories for a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to operate at all levels: strategic thinking coupled with a focus on the execution and details
- Data-driven and ROI mentality to setting priorities and prioritising tasks
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-moving, dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Experience working in highly matrixed organisations
- Confident, self-motivated individual with demonstrable bias for action
- Experience inspiring, leading and motivating teams to deliver their best work
- Strong team player with a passion for knowledge sharing
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Highly adaptable individual who feels comfortable making decisions with incomplete information
- Experience in the Product Development and Launch Cycle: can work effectively with Product & Engineering teams
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere in the world’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the Everyday Pioneers to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Changing the way the world shops, for good.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ocadogroup.com.
Follow us on social media