OnlineMedEd’s purpose is to change how education is approached, delivered, and learned. We leverage education, technology, and research together to drive it all forward. Our philosophy is simple—medical knowledge belongs to no one, so medical education should be accessible to everyone—so we made a quality baseline education available to the world, for free. Today, we are one of the most widely used medical education platforms globally, playing a key role in creating the next generation of health care professionals. Equipped with enhanced knowledge, reasoning skills, and empathy, this generation of doctors is improving the lives of millions of patients.
To help us pursue this mission, we are looking for a full-time Community Marketing Specialist to play a pivotal role in OnlineMedEd’s growth and revenue functions. This member of the marketing team will be responsible for building out and managing our Student Ambassador and Student Liaison programs for the Business to Consumer (B2C) side of OnlineMedEd. These student-focused programs will feed into our overall lead-generation process. Working closely under the guidance of the Director of Brand and Events, the Community Marketing Specialist will implement a programmatic approach to engaging the students who want to be advocates for OnlineMedEd.
This role might be a great fit for you if you are familiar with traditional and digital marketing tactics, you have experience managing programs, and you can skillfully create and refine these programs as they mature and expand. We’re especially interested in talking to candidates who have strong writing expertise, good problem-solving skills, the ability to build productive working relationships, and an aptitude for learning new skills.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
You’ll be helping transform digital health care education, improving mobility and access for 300k+ users in 193 countries. Our team of talented employees and contractors is aligned to the same purpose and values, with the opportunity to bring our own unique strengths to our roles. Thanks to our welcoming company culture and comprehensive benefits, OnlineMedEd was ranked #5 Best Small Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltInAustin and one of the top Austin-based companies to work for overall.
What Excellence Looks Like in This Role
- Developing and executing an OME Student Ambassador program that engages current medical students and other healthcare students by providing them with a free subscription to our content and in return, incentivizing their classmates and peers to sign up for our subscriptions, through effective communication outreach, content development, segmentation, testing, and evaluating the program for improvements
- Developing and executing an OME Student Liaison program that engages current medical student leaders and other healthcare students leader by providing them with a toolkit for speaking to their faculty and deans about OnlineMedEd as a resource for their cohort, through communication outreach, content development, coordination with the Institutional Success team, and continual evaluation of the program for improvements
- Driving leads and improving the B2C pipeline with outreach to student populations and student programs, using a metric-focused mentality to continually improve
- Effectively managing outreach to potential influencers in the medical education space as well as affiliate websites who would want to work with OnlineMedEd in a partnership
- Working with management to define KPIs, create reporting, and analyze program performance, then delivering recommendations to improve campaigns continuously
- Understanding and keeping up with medical industry trends that highlight and impact educational customer pain points in order to create effective targeted messaging
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 2-3 years experience managing marketing programs
- Proven success with email writing and developing marketing campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of B2C-focused channels
- Ability to think critically, problem-solve and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of organization and self-motivation, with a sense of urgency; ability to balance multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision
- Strong independent project management skills while adhering to a rapid, operational tempo of the business
- Willingness to travel occasionally to industry conferences as needed (less than 25% of time)
Additional Skills That Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred; master’s degree a plus
- Campaign development experience
- Competitive compensation: $50,000 – $60,000 per year depending on experience. Note: To foster pay equity, we publish salary ranges and don’t negotiate salaries. Please apply only if you’re comfortable with this salary range.
- Remote work: We’re a remote-first organization with a physical office in Austin, Texas, so you can live and work anywhere in the United States with an internet connection.
- Autonomy: As long as you’re communicating with your team and getting your work done, flexible hours allow you to work a schedule that makes sense for your life.
- Flexible PTO: Unlimited, take-what-you-need time off lets you celebrate, relax, recharge, recover, or travel the way that works best for you.
- Generous insurance coverage: OnlineMedEd covers 100% of the health insurance premium costs for employees, plus 85% or more of dependent premiums. We also pay for employees’ dental and vision insurance premiums.
- Financial fitness: You’ll have the option to invest in a 401(k), and you can enjoy the tax savings of paying for qualified expenses with a flexible spending account. If you choose a high-deductible health plan, OnlineMedEd contributes to your health savings account to help you cover medical costs or save for the future.
- Learning environment: Education isn’t just for the med students we serve. We reserve funds for our employees’ professional development and offer in-house Lunch and Learn sessions regularly.
- Wellness: Our wellness subscription benefit allows you to choose a variety of fitness, nutrition, mental health, family, productivity, and other apps to support your wellbeing. Talkspace is included with our medical insurance plans, and everyone has access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Tech tools: We provide funding to set up your home office space, plus you’ll choose from a Macbook or Windows laptop, and own it after a year.
- Shared success: We offer equity options, and we celebrate team wins. We’re excited for you to be part of our success story!
Our Core Values
- Lifelong learning
Diversity In Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.