Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payment infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payment fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
Paddle’s business is growing fast, successfully winning business at larger and more complex B2B SaaS organisations. Its recent acquisition of ProfitWell brought with it ProfitWell Retain, the industry leading solution for retention and churn reduction. As a Senior Account Executive (Retain Strategist) selling our suite of SaaS products, you’ll become an expert on the subscription universe across industries and use that knowledge to work through transactional sales cycles with the market’s top brands, including Fortune 500 companies. Retain is built to help combat churn for SaaS business. We aim to be the most helpful brand in SaaS by creating partnerships with our customers. You will manage a pipeline of business with reasonable targets to help us continue to grow.
Our base salary band for this role is $90-120k.
What you’ll do:
- Working independently and with our BDR team to identify qualified, prospect client opportunities, you are responsible for taking over the conversation and relationship building for all things Retain
- Serve as an expert on our suite of SaaS products, answering client questions on churn, retention, and revenue recognition
- Build rapport and ask probing questions to further qualify client opportunities and establish executive alignment
- Identify stakeholders (Champions, Decision-Makers, Legal, Procurement, Finance, etc.) and determine best practices for navigating and influencing the conversation
- Build ROI analysis for your customers to share the value of Retain
- Work collaboratively with other departments across Paddle to ensure product and client alignment
- Improve our sales funnel by bringing your innovative ideas to the table
We’d love to hear from you:
- Have a background in Tech and/or SaaS sales with 5+ years’ of experience closing deals. Net new closing preferred
- Are in a role that requires you to know when and how to close, to develop and execute on a joint execution plan, and build relationships throughout the cycle
- Bring prior experience selling to C-suite, VC, or other stakeholder executives at a company, building trust and connection
- Have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Innately embody a mindset that there’s always more to learn, being unafraid of feedback, and knowing when to ask for help. You feel comfortable in a coaching and mentoring environment.
- Are comfortable working in the grey rather than the black and white, and are excited to work autonomously, proactively asking for guidance when needed, and being a self-starter
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer, we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and well-being initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months of paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.