Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payment infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payment fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
Paddle’s business is growing fast, successfully winning business at larger and more complex B2B SaaS organisations. Its recent acquisition of ProfitWell brought with it ProfitWell Retain, the industry leading solution for retention and churn reduction. As the first Retain CSM, we’re looking for someone to build more sophisticated processes to manage our customers efficiently, help them drive their own business successfully, and build long-term strategic relationships. We are looking for a CSM who has experience advising SaaS businesses on their growth, driving NRR and building a strong customer advocacy base.
As a Senior CS Manager, you will be responsible for the growth (upsell/renewals), retention, and advocacy of our largest customers. You’ll be managing relationships with Paddle’s key Retain customers who are based across the globe. You’ll play the key role in driving retention optimizations, advising our customer portfolio on retention and churn prevention strategies, and ensuring the retention of our top existing customers.
The salary band for this role is $95k-$105k.
What you’ll do:
- Consult with and advise some of our largest and most strategically complex SaaS customers.
- Be responsible for revenue expansion (upsell targets) from your accounts, through proactive advice on Paddle’s products and services as well as driving tailored advice on growth strategies and recommending best practices.
- Identify strategic (commercial) growth opportunities with your customer portfolio based on data.
- Be the main point of contact for your accounts and proactively build relationships that are founded on trust and will last under pressure.
- Set up performance management and carry out quarterly business reviews with key account stakeholders.
- Be proactive in identifying retention risks with your accounts and devising and executing strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with internal Paddle stakeholders, Solution Architects, Customer Marketing, Product, and key customers
- Collaborate with many Paddlers to gather feedback and prioritize opportunities.
- Work with product, legal, financial, and sales teams to develop and understand the relevance of new features for your accounts based on their needs.
- Become a subject matter expert on Retain to enable the larger Paddle core CSM team
We’d love to hear from you:
- Have a proven, demonstrable experience in customer success/account management/services or growth advisory roles within the SaaS, FinTech or Payments industry.
- Have strong consultative and business advisory experience with C-level stakeholders.
- Are used to managing strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels in an organization, including technical teams, finance groups, and senior executives.
- Have experience leading integration and onboarding projects within all growth stages of companies (startup > Fortune 100).
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects with demonstrable skills in planning and facilitating meetings and training, conflict resolution, and driving cooperation across stakeholders.
- Are analytical in your approach with a strategic mindset, leveraging a data-driven approach to prioritize your plans and actions.
- Have deep knowledge of strategic customer management best practices and processes to drive account satisfaction, increase retention, and grow your accounts.
- Have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance targets and quotas.
- Are an enthusiastic and resilient personality – excited by the opportunity to be a trailblazer.
- Have intermediate level excel and data analysis skills
- Love working in cutting edge business tools like Google Workplace, Salesforce, Outreach, Slack, etc.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer, we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and well-being initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months of paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.