At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Senior Manager, Global Campaign Operations, is a hybrid role based in Santa Clara, CA, responsible for managing a decentralized global production team with the goal of delivering best-in-class digital marketing campaigns, and developing emergent team talent. We’re looking for a seasoned, detail-oriented, Marketo Certified Expert, process innovator, and operational people leader who will roll up their sleeves to achieve consistent and measurable impact.
On the operational front, you will be overseeing and optimizing the intake and production process of new campaign and initiative requests, and defining and driving the execution of a production transformation roadmap to maximize the yield of people, process, and technology – improving the team’s ability to capacity plan, provide global coverage at scale, prioritize, and report on success. With a world-class techstack, and a team of 10+, you will have the resources you need to put a stamp on how amazing marketing gets done.
We’re looking for a Marketo Certified Expert with recent hands-on experience, and a strong people leader who is passionate about training and coaching a decentralized growth-minded team, enabling the team to better collaborate and solve problems, and build the skills necessary for upward mobility over time.
Partnering with our strategic Growth team, Creative Services team, and SMEs across owned/ operated tools (Marketo, Pathfactory, Hushly, Knak, etc.), you will be building out training materials and enablement to uplevel the team to create best-in-class omnichannel digital campaigns, achieving continued global scale, and improved campaign impact over time.
To be successful in this role, you will need to think people-first (internal stakeholders, external customers, and your team), be a strong communicator who champions collaboration and quality at scale, and have an eye towards marketing automation and process innovation – always striving to improve what and how great work gets done.
If you want to showcase your depth and proven experience in leading effectively within a decentralized, cross-functional, matrixed organization, and are a passionate go-getter with a “can do” attitude, and you want to make an immediate and sustained impact, we would love to speak to you.
- Manage and coach a distributed team of front end developers, digital producers, traffic, and project management (FTE and contract) – create processes to train and onboard new talent – manage onboarding, upskilling, and internal mobility/ offboarding
- Own Global digital campaign production process – manage team schedules, capacity plans, efficiency, and operational reporting – drive continuous innovation
- Streamline the current campaign creation process and solve end-user pain points – troubleshoot operational issues – recommend and communicate resolutions
- Own the Production Transformation Roadmap to innovate and scale the team into a best-in-class global production hub
- Partner with internal teams (Growth, Analytics, Email Strategy & Analytics / Growth/ DOPE Tool Owners – Marketo, Pathfactory, Hushly, etc. to ensure team maturity and growth – enable the delivery of best-in-class digital journeys
- Ensure optimized Marketo Campaign Execution setup (programs, digital assets, lists, sync/ workflows, testing) – train production team on best practices – uplevel Marketo producer maturity
- Systematically report on production capacity with meaningful metrics – beyond throughput, including campaign impact, roadmap achievement, and learnings and trends – translate data into actionable insights and new ideas
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent military experience required – advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant experience, with demonstrable subject matter expertise in driving transformation, managing distributed teams, Marketo expertise, and project management
- 5+ years of team management experience as a strong people leader and coach – experience managing a decentralized team, and working in a multi-timezone, multi-culture environment preferred
- Effective communication skills to handle communications to team, management, and cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- Marketo Certified Expert with 5+ years of recent Marketo practitioner experience
- 5+ years of experience in digital demand generation/ email marketing/ conversion optimization with a deep understanding of email marketing, automation, and optimization – proven track record of innovation and getting things done
- Advanced marketing automation, demand generation, and workflow tool experience (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Workfront, Smartsheet, Jira, etc.)
- 3+ years of Project Management/ Delivery experience or Technical Leadership background – Workfront, Smartsheet, and Jira experience a plus
- Advanced project and people management skills – understanding of Agile development process
- A strong quantitative focus and data-driven approach – excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment – comfort with ambiguity
- Interest in our industry and its evolution – interest in solving complex problems and process development
Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our cybersecurity industry, helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face daily. Making, doing, building, and rebuilding, leading initiatives that have never been done before. We solve real problems with new ideas, striving tirelessly for simplicity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $134,900 – $218,150/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.