Paro is freeing business professionals from the constraints of traditional employment by empowering them to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. In turn, we are democratizing access to the business solutions that companies need.
What we deliver:
Paro provides powerful finance and accounting solutions to businesses via its network of highly vetted experts. Through our proprietary AI-powered platform, we match clients with the best-fit experts to solve problems and drive growth. Our carefully curated expert community provides a range of financial services to clients, from basic bookkeeping and accounting to highly specialized corporate development and strategic advisory.
Paro is hiring a seasoned analytics leader with a proven track record driving positive business outcomes. Ideally, you are as technically savvy as you are strategically minded. As an Analytics Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving data-driven decision-making processes, identifying opportunities for business growth, and developing innovative strategies. This position requires a strong foundation in data science, mathematics, and statistical analysis. The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership and communication skills, along with a proven track record of successfully managing and developing high-performing analytics teams. Being able to be in the weeds and understand our data and then zoom out to provide sound business suggestions is critical. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day. This role is fully remote.
- In collaboration with senior management business line leaders, lead the strategy for providing robust management reporting and business intelligence;
- You will collect, organize, and visualize data to succinctly communicate ideas, insights, and concise recommendations to partners and leadership
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product, to identify key business challenges and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Drive the collection, extraction, cleansing, and transformation of large datasets from multiple sources to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Apply advanced statistical and mathematical techniques to analyze complex datasets, uncover patterns, and provide valuable insights that drive business outcomes
- Develop and implement predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and optimization strategies to solve business problems and improve operational efficiency
- Effectively communicate complex analytical findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior management, in a clear and concise manner
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple Paro systems
- Identify key metrics and build executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- 4-7+ years or more experience in a similar role
- Advanced Degree in statistics, engineering, economics, business, computer science, or physics
- Ideal candidate is proficient in SQL and object oriented programming; they can seamlessly data-mine large (unstructured) data sets, prepare advanced visualizations, and convey insights to executives
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can work independently
- Background working with AI and ML models and understanding the business impact of model outputs / modeling assumptions
- You get excited by working with data, measuring performance, and making objective decisions based on quantitative and/or deductive reasoning
- Experience with Tableau/PowerBI is required
- You’re proactive and feel comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Whether it’s via email or presentation, you’re able to communicate complex information simply and clearly
- Strong track record in developing data solutions to real-world problems and comfort manipulating and managing complex data with one or more of the following tools: SQL, Python, R, Excel
Benefits at Paro:
- Benefits – We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan. Paro currently does not match 401(k).
- Vacation – We offer our employees unlimited vacation, as we believe rest and recharging allows you to bring your full self into work. In addition to unlimited vacation, we observe all federal holidays and offer unique Paro Holidays during months there isn’t a federal holiday
- Office Environment – We have a beautiful, relaxed office space in River North, steps away from public transportation. We love our pets and have a pet-friendly office for your furry friends as well.
- Remote Work – Given our company’s mission to empower professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms, we believe we too can accomplish great things while not always together under one roof. Therefore, we accept remote employees in the following states: IL, OH, MI, AZ, WA, PA, NJ, NY, TX, IN, NV, NC, SC
More about Paro:
Join us as we shape the future of finance work. A mass migration to a workforce without boundaries is already underway, with many leading analysts predicting that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2027. We recently raised a $25M Series C funding round led by Top Tier Capital Partners, with participation from existing investors Madrona Venture Group, Revolution Ventures, and Sierra Ventures –bringing total capital raised to date to $67 million–, so we are ready and excited to invest in even greater growth as we disrupt the $500+bn antiquated finance and accounting industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.