Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it’s personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we’re doing just that. Join us as we develop strategies for change and transform the trajectory of your career!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
With a position in Sales & Marketing, you’ll strengthen our relationships with clients, anticipate their needs, and think outside the box to unlock new possibilities.
Let’s go forward together.
Paylocity is looking for a Head of Product Marketing to build the strategic foundation for the next stage of go-to-market growth. The Head of Product Marketing owns Paylocity’s products and capabilities within Marketing. This strategic leader sets the strategic vision for how we elevate our platform story and the value of Paylocity, and then leads cross functional teams through execution of that vision.
As a seasoned technical marketing executive, you will develop a growing and talented team, while also partnering closely with other leaders across (Product and Technology, Sales, Marketing) to effectively educate audiences on the value of our products and solutions. You’ll elevate our core messaging to help build awareness and engagement with the customers across all sizes of organizations and for different use cases. Finally, you will apply your deep experience, knowledge, and understanding of the competitive landscape to help communicate the differentiated value of Paylocity’s capabilities in a way that effectively drives our go-to-market and demand generation engines.
This role will be a highly visible leadership role within the organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of a fast-growing business.
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
- Provide executive leadership for all product messaging, competitive analysis and positioning, product launch management, pricing, GTM strategy, sales enablement, and customer insights to inform strategic campaigns that help drive customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
- Lead the company-wide development of product messaging and positioning, including competitive differentiation across different customer segments.
- Drive high-visibility product GTM plans to define how we develop and implement new and existing product offerings. Partner with product leadership to incorporate voice of the customer into product planning with customer research, market and competitive intelligence and product performance data.
- Lead the development of launch plans and campaigns for marketing and sales to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive awareness and revenue. Ensure sales teams are ready to pitch product value, new capabilities, and differentiation
- Build the sales enablement function to create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for Learning and Development and Sales, including; sales training, positioning, FAQs, battlecards, and more.
- Partner closely with demand generation functions to tell compelling stories that help build demand and drive revenue across our offerings and across the customer lifecycle.
- Lead a team of high performing product marketer leaders and effectively prioritize activity and resources within a demanding high growth company.
- Be a spokesperson with customers, partners, the press, and industry analysts
- 10+ years of marketing or product management experience at a fast growing B2B SaaS company
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills, excelling at both high-level thinking and influencing and inspiring others to achieve a common goal.
- MBA highly preferred.
- Strong technical depth and ability to learn new products and evaluate them in the competitive environment.
- Passion for storyteller engaging and influencing others to align to a vision, internally and externally. A gift for bringing clarity where there is ambiguity.
- Pragmatic Problem Solver and Results orientation – Ability to digest complex problems, develop practical solutions lead the day to day execution in the trenches
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This role demands someone who is gifted in their ability to use the spoken and written word to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and act as a company spokesperson.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $177,754 – $245,223/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Follow us on social media