This position can be based in any of the Personio offices (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Barcelona, Madrid) or remote in those countries.
At Personio, we’re enabling better organizations across Europe by building the #1 People Operating System. As a rapidly growing company with an expanding customer base, we aim to scale the way we serve our customers, meet their needs with our product, and build lasting relationships.
With our focus on small to mid-market businesses across several markets, we use our online and offline communities to grow and connect our customers. We also put our community at the center of our educational brand as a way to support our customers’ careers as champions of modern HR.
As a core leader on our international Customer Education team, you’ll take an active role in shaping our culture and the future of thousands of People teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and the future of HR.
About Our Customer Engagement Team:
You’ll lead our Customer Engagement team, which empowers and educates customers to become Personio and HR experts by encouraging self-service, networking, and knowledge sharing across multiple platforms. You’ll also help to drive our vision to create the educational ecosystem that empowers people, inside and outside of Personio, to redefine HR. You’ll do this by driving the strategy and results for our online and offline communities, and tying these programs together in a portfolio that optimizes for customer and business growth.
Personio has a thriving online community, serving our German and English-speaking customers, with over 8,000 members. As Personio develops more self-service experiences for our customers, we aspire to connect and engage HR professionals through our online communities to support one another in their usage of Personio as well as building HR best practices. This role reports to the VP Customer Education, and will tie into our overall Customer Education strategy, including our Help Center, Academy, in-app education, and more.
We also run a variety of customer events, both online and offline, to drive customer engagement, connection, and loyalty. These include our User Group Meetings, which we run in target markets as well as online, and Customer Advisory Board, where we share and learn from strategic customers. We’ll look to expand our customer events and connect them more deeply with our community growth strategy.
You’ll be responsible for the strategy for our communities and events, including how we drive increased attendance and attach rates, customer engagement with the communities and events, self-service rates in the communities, and how we drive increased customer growth and MRR. You’ll also lead and grow the team who executes on these strategies.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Set the vision and strategy for the next phase of our Community and Customer Events programs to drive scalable service, product adoption, brand advocacy, and other company-wide goals
- Collaborate with leaders across the business to scale the team’s efforts and support company-wide strategies around Advocacy, Voice of Customer, and Net Revenue Retention
- Recruit, hire, and develop roles on the team, including our Community Lead, Customer Events Manager, and other roles
- Identify and drive KPIs to measure the success of our communities as well as individual impact in each role, analyze the data to make business decisions, and provide continuous feedback to develop the team
- Lead and drive community and events programs with a perspective towards the customer experience, creating unique and memorable experiences for members and attendees
- Develop and optimize the strategies for programs including community superstars (top contributors), user groups, webinars and content strategies, advocacy programs, and advisory boards
- Set and manage the budget, and own key vendor relationships
- Promote the growth of the communities and events through integration of campaigns, social media, marketing partnerships, and SEO
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have at least 8 years of experience in community management, customer events, and/or customer engagement (B2B community experience is a big plus)
- You have 4+ years experience in people management and team building to deliver impact. Experience in SaaS or high-growth technology companies would also be valued.
- You have a track record of setting strategy for communities and events, and aligning that strategy with high-level company goals to deliver results
- You thrive at raising and developing people, developing diverse teams, motivating individuals, and orchestrating team work and projects
- You have strong community-building skills and a vision for impactful events, and you can drive industry-leading practices to deliver impactful programs
- You have superior analytical skills, with a proven track record showing that you think analytically, understand metrics, interpret community data, and adjust strategy accordingly
- You’re a strong communicator, able to communicate with and influence senior leadership, as well as framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, focusing on delivering measurable outputs and getting hands-on where needed to drive impact
- Business fluency in English. More languages are a plus, especially German
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, including a Personio contribution
- Choose between green mobility options, including a JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Germany for €22 per month with a subsidized Qualitrain membership
Bring your best. Make your mark. We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates so that we can transform the way millions of people experience work every day. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and support our people as they shape their careers.
With over 8,000 customers and a team of 1,700 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.