Compensation: Pillar’s uncapped compensation plan is comprised of a 50% base salary and 50% variable for this role. The base salary range starts at $125,000, based on experience, with an expected OTE of $250,000.
About Pillar: We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our customers to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they hire for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses. Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the sales team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will help define a new and growing market in the HR space, interview intelligence. You’ll shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an evangelistic and educational sales process, working closely with potential customers from initial contact to closing the account.
- Lead negotiations, build and deliver contracts autonomously.
- Manage complex sales engagements with multiple stakeholders in mid market companies.
- Help shape the evolution of our sales philosophy, playbook, and processes.
- Manage inbound and outbound opportunity creation, generating your own pipeline through strategic prospecting, working the network, sourcing referrals, and maintaining relationships with lost opportunities.
- Deeply internalize and be able to articulate the problem we solve and how we drive value for our customers above and beyond any competitive solutions.
- Run excellent customer discovery to understand current methods and challenges and determine where our solution will add true value.
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline by adopting sales process and methodology and maintaining the CRM.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure a seamless customer experience and successful onboarding.
- Relay feedback and insights from prospect and customer conversations to cross-functional teams to ensure we center our roadmap and processes around customer needs.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role in a B2B SaaS environment.
- 4+ years selling to Talent Acquisitions and or HR teams.
- This role requires experience facilitating and closing sales opportunities of $100k+ ARR.
- A growth mindset and willingness to stop at nothing to achieve our mission.
- Demonstrated success in previous sales roles, with an emphasis on evangelical / challenger sales capabilities.
- Experience self-sourcing pipeline while also managing inbound lead flow.
- Process-driven with a clear understanding of how to execute a stellar sales process and drive momentum.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to communicate with brevity and impact.
- A customer-first mindset, focused on genuinely empowering customers to make the best buying decision.
We act with tenacity, we challenge the status quo, and we consistently embrace the “what if’s” in order to grow our company, our customers, and each other.
Execute with intensity.
We inspire each other to move fast and achieve great things, we make thoughtful decisions quickly, and we act with intention and determination.
Make it fun.
We take our jobs seriously and have fun while doing so, we bring clarity and joy into our product, and we balance a strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness.
Act with humanity.
We believe that honesty and support go a long way. We celebrate our quirks and differences, and we promote a culture where inclusion and respect are a defining part of our identity.
Communicate often & with openness.
We build trust through candid communication, we respectfully challenge each other’s ideas and work, and we believe strong questions are the foundation of a successful business.
Pillar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.