At Planet X, we believe in the power of collective action to create a sustainable future. Our mission is to be the trusted destination for buying and selling sustainable products and services by making good decisions simple and rewarding. We provide transparent, unbiased, intuitive insights and ratings, curating the best information available using billions of data points.
Our team of experts in software, data, product, marketing, and sustainability has a track record of success. We’re looking for passionate individuals who want to make a positive impact and join us in shaping a better future for future generations. If you’re collaborative, driven, and ready to be part of a dynamic team that’s making a difference, join us at Planet X so that together, we create a world where every purchase is a vote for a better future.
About the position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior Marketing Manager with a strong consumer /brand experience to join our team. We are looking for a seasoned marketer with a successful track record to drive brand awareness and consumer engagement. You will lead our marketing efforts that positively impact PlanetX growth opportunities including new user acquisition, community building, content, social, influencers, creative campaigns and others.
This role will serve as a cross-department bridge, helping align the organization around goals, go-to-market and success metrics for product-centric marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone who can contribute at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels of our business.
- Combine the deep understanding of PlanetX’s mission, vision, values and our product offering knowledge , lead the development and execution of marketing strategy, campaign and programs to create awareness of PlanetX, drive user adoption and growth.
- Work with product on our strategic positioning, and marketing initiatives, channels and every touch point of the marketing funnel from awareness and consideration to activation and advocacy.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team and Designers, articulate PlanetX’s unique value proposition and benefits to prospects and customers with a deep understanding of unit economics in their respective ecosystem.
- Engage with influencers and build a community around our sustainable brand.
- Partner with the design team to deliver PlanetX’s messaging content for education, communication, community building purpose. Create and execute compelling and sustainable content across various channels, including social media, blogs, and email.
- Work with designers to create visually appealing and memorable campaigns that align with our brand identity.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of sustainable marketing campaigns and adjust strategies as needed.
- Continuously optimizing our Go-To-Market results for our product offerings through elevating the PlanetX brand and the community as a whole, provide effective sales enablement support to business development and sales effort.
- Be a positive company culture influencer. Build strong relationships and trust across the organization. Engage and motivate a distributed workforce through proactive communication.
- Collaborate in the process for marketing operation, select and implement systems, tools and resources to deliver on goals within budget.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing. (Digital, Brand, Social, Content)
- Deep domain knowledge with consumer business, Ecommerce or Social Commerce a plus.
- A passion for fostering healthy communities and making human connection. Ability to combine data, technology and marketing domain knowledge for making the Planet a better place.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns in consumer markets.
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and the ability to identify consumer trends and preferences.
- Familiarity with e-commerce trends and consumer preferences in online shopping.
- Strong personal alignment with the company mission and values.
- Self-starter with a can-do spirit and a collaborative approach.
- Strong empathy toward our users, your teammates and our partners.
- Ability to quickly absorb new information and knowledge, navigate through new systems, tools and change.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, particularly in conveying complex ideas and concepts combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Experienced at driving consensus for your strategy while owing the result.
- Proficiency in marketing automation software and analytics tools.
- A problem solver and a strategic thinker.
- Uncompromising ethics and sound judgment