Two little letters that, when brought together in harmony, can unlock a whole new stratosphere for company growth and credibility.
In just over a year the in-house PR team have managed 10 market launches, engaged a pan-european comms agency and been able to deliver a fully rounded PR strategy that has in turn resulted in doubling coverage numbers quarter on quarter.
As a company we’ve got all the pieces in place…
- A great vision and brand purpose that drives us: to make everyone feel valued at work.
- A consistently best-in-class rated spending solution in Europe, helping companies unlock autonomy, trust and better work.
- Charismatic founders, C-levels, board members and team altogether, ready for comment, profile or the occasional byline.
- Some pretty big ambitions and growth targets.
One of the biggest growth efforts we’re shooting for this year is solidifying our brand across our European markets with a focus on Spain, France, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and UK. It takes a team effort to make this all successful, and we’re looking for someone who can slot into an incredibly busy proactive press office and keep the plates spinning so our existing PR manager can have some well-deserved time off whilst welcoming a little one!
This person will play a hands-on role over the next 12 months, supporting the EU PR Lead to drive key comms and PR projects, supporting the management of key external agencies and the day-to-day press activity.
The person who steps into this role will need to be confident, forward thinking and be able to adapt quickly to new environments and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Things you’ll be doing
- Supporting the Global PR Lead with the execution of our regional PR strategy – underpinned by a strong PESO model
- Driving our local agencies to success – exceeding retainers and expectations.
- Finding opportunities for field research aligned to the state of business spending within regions
- Supporting our regional Country and Marketing manager teams, to best represent them to the media across markets
- Reviewing and editing bylines/thought leadership pieces/press releases
- Collaborating on a data-led bi-annual report that spans our 7 core markets
- Creating daily, weekly and bi-monthly wraps to share with internal stakeholders-a good knowledge of Meltwater would be helpful here!
- Supporting the wider Brand & Comms and Content teams with newsjacking opportunities, blended PR efforts and global campaigns that tie into the core brand strategy
- Co-ordinating media training for all those that you determine need it
- Have experience selling-in stories for B2B/fintech either in-house,agency side or both – with 4-6 years experience
- Have strong experience working across some of these regions – establishing the similarities and differences that curate a strong multi-market PR strategy
- Are hands-on with a strong journalistic/editorial mindset to help dig out interesting media angles and creating written content such as thought leadership pieces and bylines
Your colleagues say that you
- Have a perfect mix of creative thinking and tactical prowess
- Are an open and empathetic specialist and collaborator
- Are a concise but effective communicator
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us when working at one of our offices 🍜
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Croatia- we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we’re onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that’s Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us we’ll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system – any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us – and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply – regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.
Follow us on social media