Every company wants to use data to make informed decisions, and SQL is the lingua franca for data. However, data collaboration is broken. People are rewriting each other’s queries, switching apps to visualize their data, and copying/pasting SQL into Slack.
PopSQL solves this by creating a beautiful, fun way to write SQL, visualize data, and share results. The product is loved by data teams from over 2,000 companies including Target, Redfin, and Udacity. What we’ve built so far is just the beginning. Join us and build a great product, a great culture, and a great company 🚀
About the role
- This is a builder role, much of it from scratch! You’ll help lead our content strategy, that includes writing or editing much of the content we’re planning to put out
- You’ll be reporting to our new CRO and you’ll be working directly with Growth, SEO and the Sales Team.
- You’ll be creating and maintaining PopSQL’s editorial calendar. That includes curating all content channels (ex. blog, newsletters, social media channels) with the goal of educating and informing customers
- Your primary focus would be on generating technical content for our audience in the data space.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Product and other teams to research, outline, and produce original persona-targeted materials and tactics
- Track and report results across content channels with the goal of continuously identifying areas for improvement and investment.
- 5+ years experience owning technical content and/or customer marketing at fast-growing B2B SaaS companies.
- Built out technical content in the past and possess a strong technical acumen (ideally you’re already familiar with database technologies).
- Familiarity with the data/business intelligence space that PopSQL operates in
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with the ability to craft a compelling story.
- A vision on how to leverage data, research, industry trends.
- A desire to join a team to build a company, do great work with great people and have fun while doing it.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Flexible working schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Company retreats2-3 times per year
Our team is spread throughout the Americas. You’re free to choose your own hours and schedule your day in such a way that creates work-life harmony.