About the company:
Railz is on a mission to democratize financial data on small businesses. Whether financial transactions, analytics, insights, or other data, we provide the infrastructure to power the next generation of financial services. Our flagship product is a single API to all major accounting software service providers that enables on-demand access to clean, normalized, and real-time data.
Our product suits any lender, financial institution, accounting firm, auditor and tech developer that requires financial data on its small business customers for the purpose of assessing the financial health of a business. It is quick, low cost, and provides direct read-and-write access to financial data so they can better understand the small businesses they serve.
Our Vision is to build the largest SMB financial data network in the world.
About the role:
As a strategic force in the organization, you are a hands-on, innovative thinker who can effectively drive results org-wide. As an experienced marketing and business development professional, you will collaborate with the rest of the leadership team with a keen focus on the following areas:
Strategy & Branding
- Create a brand and market positioning that establishes Railz as the leader of SME financial data.
- Devise, own and execute Railz’s marketing strategy across all formats, both internally and externally
- Refine Railz’s vocabulary and messaging to be approachable, yet effectively, tell the company’s story to the modern world
- Drive the translation of that strategy into tangible go-to-market plans that will help Railz achieve its ambitious growth goals
- Build, maintain, measure, and optimize Railz’s marketing channel mix, with an eye towards growth initiatives and product activation and adoption
- Drive toward revenue goals and high-quality market opportunities in partnership with sales
- Ensure sales and partnership teams are enabled and up-to-date with the product, process, competitor, and market content
- Combine research, positioning, and messaging to maximize adoption
- Drive customer adoption goals in partnership with the Customer Success team
- Build and Continue to develop the Railz community across internal and external channels.
- Promote Railz community and share stories about how developers and business owners are using Railz to enhance their businesses
- Strategize on appropriate conferences and events for Railz to attend, coordinating all relevant marketing collateral and campaigning required
- Work with the Railz technical team to create technical content such as tutorials, blog posts, screencasts, webinars, how-to-videos etc.
- Develop and distribute swag for the community that is fun, engaging and which our community will love.
- Communicate technical features and benefits with non-technical users, decision-makers and our own sales team.
- Bring outstanding leadership to the organization
- Build, retain, and mentor a world-class team consisting of diverse, yet complementary, skill-sets
- Work closely with the sales, customer success, partnership, and product teams to identify market opportunities and define market-leading products
- Influence product strategy, impact how Railz brings its platform to market
- You know the Fintech financial data API ecosystem well and keep up to date on advancements
- You’re comfortable with accounting, e-commerce, technical knowledge and enjoy talking with developers and can code switch with business stakeholders alike.
- 3-4+ years of progressive responsibility in marketing, business development, or enterprise sales at a fast growing Fintech SaaS
- You’ve shown that you can build long-term strategic campaigns while also remaining flexible in a ever-shifting market
- You have sound knowledge of the SMB accounting providers and tools, as well as relationships with software providers in the space
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box in terms of new business opportunities, lead structure and frameworks
- Ability to identify opportunities for successful partnerships that can catapult our brand messaging forward and amplify reach
- Strong ability and experience engaging with multiple functions/roles within an organization
- You have excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business development and marketing functions
- Sound understanding of social selling impacts on spreading brand awareness
- Demonstrated ability to create unique content strategies that align with other internal stakeholders from Sales to Product Managers.
- You’ve worked in a fast-moving tech startup.
- Previous experience working with financial data, or an interest to learn.
- Prior experience with B2B SaaS products.
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Flexible work schedule and plenty of vacation and personal days.
- Health Spending Accounts.
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Innovation Fridays, Hack Days, Content Clubs and Professional Development Allowances. For all who love to design and build.
This position is remote. We also believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada or the US.
Follow us on social media