Ramp is the ultimate platform for modern finance teams. Combining corporate cards with expense management, bill payments, vendor management, accounting automation and more, Ramp’s all-in-one solution is designed to save businesses time and money, and free finance teams to do the best work of their lives. Our mission is to help build healthier businesses, and it’s working: over 15,000 businesses on Ramp to save an average 5% and close their books 8x faster.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment platform in America, and enables tens of billions of dollars in purchases each year.
Ramp’s investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. In 2023, Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America, LinkedIn’s #1 Top Startup in the U.S., a CNBC Disruptor, and a TIME100 Most Influential Company.
About the Role
You will be a front-line manager to a group of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) who are responsible for outbound prospecting and pipeline generation. You will be responsible for 1:1 coaching and mentoring, as well as developing strategy and working closely with leaders across Sales, Marketing, Product, and the executive team to drive positive outcomes for this segment. As a key member of the sales leadership team, you will have the opportunity to help build and refine Ramp’s sales development motion.
*Please note that this Sales leadership role will require you to be comfortable with working in-person at our NYC HQ (located near Union Square) at least 3 days/week*
What You Will Do
- Set and maintain a high-performing culture and morale by overseeing the daily activities and quota performance management of individual SDRs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Hire and train new SDRs on Ramp’s product, buyer personas, competition, and tools through various methods (ie. role-plays)
- Develop and execute career development and leadership plans for direct reports; inclusive of but not limited to daily 1:1 mentoring, coaching on time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills
- Strategize with sales and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives to meet company objectives
- Report on team performance and forecast to senior leadership
- Improve team output and efficiency over time by optimizing systems and processes
- Establish a library of prospecting resources for the SDR team
- Represent the Sales Development team cross-functionally with leaders of other departments
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of quota-carrying sales experience as an individual contributor, with a proven, consistent track record exceeding goals
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building and leading sales development teamswith a proven track record of exceeding goal
- Prior demonstrated success in fast-paced, results-oriented GTM environments, ideally at SaaS companies, and history of consistently performing above quota in an outbound sales environment
- A passion and excitement for hiring, with a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Proficiency in data analytics tools (ie. Salesforce, Looker, and Excel) and familiarity with email and call automation platforms
- Ability to leverage data to drive decisions, create systems, and identify process improvements to improve efficiency
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, demonstrated through excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with financial services sales in a full cycle sales role
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $157,250-$185,000 (70/30 split) + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Benefits (for U.S.-based full-time employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match on contributions made while employed by Ramp)
- Flexible PTO
- Fertility HRA (up to $5,000 per year)
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.