We’re hiring a Marketing Data Scientist to help us build the future of media measurement. This role will be focused on maximizing the value clients get out of Recast through a combination of client-facing consulting and internal development.
What you’ll do in your first 6 months:
- Perform complex data analyses and present the results to clients to help them interpret and action on the insights from the Recast model.
- Onboard new clients onto Recast’s platform,work hand-in-hand with them to set priors, interpret results, and plan experiments to validate the model.
- Develop and manage data pipelines in R
- Identify and enact process improvements to improve efficiency across the data science team
Things you probably have experience in:
- Presenting results of your analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Use of R for data cleaning and exploratory data analysis
- Basic statistic and experimental methods
- 2+ years of experience working as a data analyst or data scientist
- Marketing data science and media performance measurement
- Partnering directly with marketers to shape budgets and structure tests
- Experience with Bayesian statistical modeling
Things that should excite you that might scare off other folks:
- Working directly with marketers on applying modeling result to marketing strategy
- Contributing directly to product direction and business strategy
- Working with a team of math-loving statistics nerds
- Exploring the output of a complex statistical model with over 30k parameters
- Opportunity for ownership in a fast-growing company at the cutting-edge of a multi-billion dollar industry
Our Hiring Process for this role:
- Intro Call (30mins)
- Take Home Assignment (1-2 days given)
- Technical Interview & Assignment Discussion w/ Andy Bennington (1hr)
- Final Interview w/ Michael Kaminsky
What we offer you:
- Work wherever you’re happiest. We’re fully remote. This role is required to overlap with US Eastern Time zone hours
- Competitive remote salary along with early stage equity
- Your local holidays plus unlimited PTO (minimum 2 weeks mandatory PTO!)
- Minimal standing meetings with frequent collaboration and async by design
- Autonomy and support to do your best work in your own time
Note: Recast is committed to building a diverse team so if you are from an under-represented background in tech (e.g., women, non-white, etc.) please apply even if you don’t necessarily check all of the boxes here.
While Recast is officially based in the US, we’re a fully remote team (one founder lives in Brooklyn, the other in Mexico City). Note that this role is required to work in alignment with US ET zone.