[Disclaimer: This is a longish read. However, we felt you might be interested to read in detail, about what you could be doing for the next 5-10 years 😊]
- Job Function: Product Marketing
- Job Title: Product Marketing [At Reo.Dev, we do not have “Job Titles”. Here is why: Link]
- Experience: 0 – 6 years [the number of years of experience is not a filter. Basically, this is a get-your-hands-dirty kind of role. Obviously, you will get all the opportunities to grow into a leadership role]
- Salary and Incentives: Open for discussion
- Location: Bangalore, India [Hybrid work – Remote + Office]
👋 Meet Reo.Dev
- Reo.Dev was founded in January 2023. So we are quite young 😊
- Reo was started by Achintya, Gaurav and Piyush – All of them have successfully built companies before [more on the Founding team below]
- We have recently raised Seed capital from a Top tier VC fund [not public yet]
- We are building a Revenue Intelligence solution for the Developer tools industry. In less than 4 months, we already have our first customers and a waiting list!
- What we are building is quite innovative. Currently, no other company offers the capabilities Reo is building
🏗️ Sidenote about the Developer Tools industry:
💡 Developer tools is a $500 billion industry, generates $50B in revenue annually and has been growing at 22% year on year. Source
By definition, this industry is at the frontier of technology. Innovation happens extremely fast in this industry. Teams need to have a strong technological background to build for this industry
Developer tools can scale up globally, generate strong revenue and have high profit margins
👩💻 Strong Technical capabilities are clearly critical to win in this industry. How is Reo.Dev doing on this front?
- Dev is strongly Tech first. 70% of the team is comprised of Engineers
- Gaurav, our CTO, has 16+ years of experience. Previously, he was CTO of Kuliza where he built Fintech products that have processed transactions worth $250 billion across 19 countries. Prior to Kuliza, Gaurav was at Amazon and wrote some of the code that runs Amazon Web Services!
- Reo has a very strong Tech team with senior engineers in all departments. Some of them have worked with Gaurav in the past and are very happy to work with him again!
📃 Our Thesis
Technology is transforming every industry and developers are taking center stage in every modern organization across the world. Developers are playing a very active role in any software purchase made by the organization. Today this trend is strongly visible in the Developer tools industry. And there are signs that this pattern will emerge in other software categories as well. This transformation is driven by macro trends in the software development landscape such as emergence of composable architecture and the need for interoperability
Secondly, the way Engineering teams buy software is significantly different. Hence, the need for custom GTM tools that support this buying journey. You can read more about it here.
Reo is building for companies with a Developer focused Go To Market motion. We have unique insights on this problem, given our founding team’s background in this domain
👷♂️ Founding Team:
Reo has been founded by experienced entrepreneurs. All three founders have a strong track record of building start-ups and leading teams
- Achintya: Achintya was previously the co-founder at Phyllo, which is a developer tool company. Phyllo raised ~$18M in VC funding from top tier VCs. Achintya is a Chemical Engineer from IIT Delhi (2009) and MBA from Indian School of Business (2013)
- Piyush: Piyush is a second time entrepreneur. He previous founded Scholr, which was an EdTech start-up and was acquired by BYJU’S in 2020. Piyush is a Mechanical Engineer from IIT Kharagpur (2008) and MBA from India School of Business (2013)
- Gaurav: Gaurav is a senior Tech leader with 16 years of experience. Previously he was VP Engineering at Ninjacart (valued at $1B+) and CTO of Kuliza where he led a team of 150+ developers. He is a Computer Science Engineer from IIIT Allahabad (2006)
As co- founders we take pride in the fact that people who have worked with us in the past, want to work with us again!
Great! Now let’s talk about You! 🙌
🎉 What you will be working on?
Our aim is to always have you working on something that you find exciting, aligns with your skills and moves the needle for the company!
You get to work on things that will make a big impact on the entire company. Work closely with the Founders and hopefully get to learn and grow a lot
Things evolve fast at early stage start-ups. However, we try to ensure we stay in the blue zone of the venn diagram!
💯 In the Product Marketing role, here are some of the things you could be working on
(1) Understand the product in depth
- What problem does Reo solve?
- Who is the target user persona?
- How is the user solving this problem today?
- How does the product add value to our users?
(2) Understand the pulse of the user
- What are their pain points? What are their goals?
- What is most appealing to them?
(3) Product Positioning
- Work with founders to define product positioning
- Build a compelling narrative around user pain points and how Reo addresses those
(4) Content and Thought leadership
- Author long-form blog posts and research backed case studies
- Initial content marketing and distribution
- Craft content strategy based on industry best practices and by learning from companies that ace at content
(5) Sales Enablement
- Translate product capabilities into compelling sales enablement tools – website copy, videos, product brochures, explainers, blogs, etc.
- Product benchmarking vs. adjacent and complimentary products
(6) Product Experience
- Use product mindset to analyze and improve user experience across stages: from Onboarding to Engagement and Outcomes
- Create onboarding materials, user guides, FAQs, etc.
- Written Communication · Communication · Lead Generation · Copywriting · Storytelling · Sales Enablement · Customer Research · Blogging · Positioning (Marketing) · Messaging
👯 What we look for in our team members?
While there is no stencil for the type of people we like, there are a few traits that might make Reo.Dev a better fit for you. Reo might be a good fit if you…
- work hard and want to grow really fast
- care about your work a great deal… find it highly unsettling if the quality of work is even slightly off
- execute fast.
- are hands on (we will not have elaborate reporting structures for the foreseeable future and hopefully ever)
- are someone people like to work with… low on ego, high on fun
- have the ability to fail, learn and keep trying till you win… start-ups are tough and we will not get everything right the first time
- have a longish view of your career growth and not optimizing for the next 1-2 years
🚁 If the above sounds exciting and something you would like to do, please reach us on [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit roverly.notion.site.