ResQ was founded with the belief that restaurant operators and service providers should have a much better way to operate their businesses. As a first step towards our mission, we have built a SaaS-enabled marketplace that helps fast-growing restaurants manage their 🛠 repairs and maintenance, empowering them to focus on their customers.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant’s operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive, and time-consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress, and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by the world’s leading restaurant brands and are venture-backed by top-tier global VCs – and we are just getting 🚀 started!
Hello 👋Future ResQer!
ResQ is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us take ResQ to the next 🚀 level. In this role, you will partner with Sales, Product and Marketing to drive growth and retention at ResQ.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important choices you make, and adding a team member is one of the most important choices we’ll make. We want you to get to know us, and we want to understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you.
We thrive on being transparent and we know working in marketing requires a certain interest and discipline, so we have included some questions to ask yourself to help you choose if this role is right for you at this specific time (if not, then let’s connect later!!)
Are you nodding your head with excitement at the idea of:
- Helping define, and craft the ResQ story to the world.
- Shape how the world thinks about the ResQ product by helping to set the GTM direction
- Enable others to tell the story by developing and implementing strategies to increase awareness
- Connect customer to market insights by working closely with the product development team to ensure we are building the right products to meet our customers needs.
If all of that makes your heart 🧡 sing then we’d love for you to watch this video here where our Talent Manager and Head of Product Development brief you on where we are right now.
What you will do:
As a Product Marketing Manager at ResQ you will be contributing in the following areas:
- ResQ Positioning 🌏 You will shape how the world thinks about ResQ by positioning and messaging, framing the go-to-market story narrative, creating key product-centric content
- Product Ambassador 💬 You will be the ambassador for the product, connecting customer and market insights, be the voice of the customer, segment customers and identify target personas, understand market trends and competitive dynamics, be the champion of the customer journey
- Our Story 📚 You will enable our team to tell the ResQ story by making our best customers our biggest fans, making everyone at ResQ a seller, working with our sales team to craft an effective sales playbook and sales tools
- Product Research 🔬 You will continuously monitor the competitive landscape and help position ResQ against them.
- Product Story❓You will help to answer the questions: What problem does the product solve? Who’s facing this problem? How does it solve this problem? What does it do that competitors don’t?
- Product Launch 🚀You will work with the product and GTM teams to effectively communicate the benefits of each feature, and how each product release completes the bigger vision of the ResQ.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years in Product Marketing or a related field
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- The ability to simplify complex things such as product offerings and tell a story around it
- An analytical mindset to measure marketing effectiveness and ROI
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with market research and analysis
- Experience with marketing tools and techniques, such as advertising, social media, marketing, and email marketing
- The ability to think strategically and develop effective marketing plans
- The ability to work well in a team and collaborate with other departments
- You have exceptional organizational and project management skills
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with our target market
How you will do it:
- A self-starter: You wake up, form a plan, and get going!
- Practice Extreme Ownership – including exhibiting a bias for action, a deep desire to understand all parts of our business, including our customers, and partners; taking risks, adapting and learning till you succeed; a mindset to persevere!
- Be open to feedback; listen, learn, and iterate. We’re all One Team!
What to expect as a candidate:
While we are never perfect, we have aimed to build a process that fosters fairness and helps to minimize bias, this includes structured processes and interviews. Our goal is that everyone interviewed has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome.
Stage 1️⃣: Send us your resume and a note about how your story connects to ours. Feel free to focus on what you have learned rather than just a list of responsibilities. Tell us your story! We’ll aim to tell you quickly if it is not the right fit so you are always informed.
Stage 2️⃣: Successful candidates will meet with Amanda, Talent Manager. It will be standardized to keep things fair but also with enough room to show your uniqueness. We’ll communicate the salary range now for full transparency. If you like us and we also think there is a fit, we’ll invite you to the next stage.
Stage 3️⃣: A virtual interview with both the Director of Product, and Director of Engineering. Prior to meeting with the team, you will get to tour our office space with someone from our People team. Be prepared for more in-depth questions about your experience and skills. Come with questions!
Stage 4️⃣: This round will be an in person interview at our downtown Toronto office. You will conduct an assignment that we will ask you to prepare for prior to the interview. We will ensure you have adequate time to prepare prior to scheduling you in for this round. This interview will be with our Director of Product, and Head of Product Development who also happens to be the Hiring Manager!
Stage 5️⃣: This is the final stage in the interview process and we will ask you to meet with our CEO, KJ. This will be an informal meeting and will give you an opportunity to learn more about ResQ’s vision and mission. KJ will also ask you some more questions and he will, of course, be able to answer any additional questions you might have.
Want to learn more? 👀 Keep Reading!
We are a mission-driven team and have a big vision to revolutionize the service industry. While on that journey, we recognize that building a startup is very hard. Turning vision into reality in a fast-growing environment takes superhuman efforts and is often one of the most difficult, yet rewarding, things one can do.
We do our best to ensure transparency during all stages of the interview process but we realize it’s a lot of information 📚 to take in at once so we wanted to centralize everything to make it easier for you to navigate through. We have created a Talent Notion page which will help you learn more about us during the recruitment process.
We are spilling the Tea on all things ResQ, click here if you want access to the inside scoop 💬 Tell your friends, because sharing is caring 🧡