Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
Why we’re looking for you
Retool is the fast way to build internal tools. Thousands of companies—like Brex, DoorDash, and Pinterest—use Retool to build custom apps that help them manage drivers, approve loans, and run any process that gets business done. We’ve grown exponentially each year since being founded, but need help reaching millions more developers. That’s where you come in.
As the Digital Marketing Manager at Retool, you’ll create and execute our digital marketing strategy, build campaigns to accelerate our pipeline, and scale marketing channels while promoting our product and content efforts. We’re a fast-paced startup with plenty of room to experiment and create immediate impact from your work. You’ll get to wear different hats and work across many teams at Retool.
What you’ll do
You’ll plan, execute and manage digital programs like webinars, content syndication, review sites and Retools presence across various forums to further sign-ups and to generate leads. You’ll also coordinate with various internal teams such as Product Marketing and Operations to manage Retool’s email marketing program by structuring our nurture streams and assisting in creating a consistent messaging cadence for our BDR team. Your north-star KPI will encompass both quality and quantity measured as contribution to the pipeline both from a new logo and an upsell motion.
No two days will be the same. As part of a rapidly scaling team you will have the opportunity to assist in various other areas of demand generation and growth.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll be working with almost every Retool, but will most often be partnering with marketers, designers, finance, and go-to-market teams to execute on marketing campaigns at scale. We really like spending time with each other in person and believe in the power of in-person collaboration, creativity, and connection so we have also returned in a hybrid capacity to our San Francisco offices 3 days a week.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build, scale, and optimize digital marketing channels like webinars, content syndication and review websites
- Build and maintain Retool’s presence on review sites, online directories and online forums
- Run experiments to improve success metrics across programs and campaigns
- Create programs targeting every stage of the demand funnel to accelerate pipeline generation
- Evaluate and track key success metrics across the digital marketing programs and channels (e.g., performance, ROI, etc.), and provide recommendations on budget distribution across different programs and tactics
- Keep the programs and campaigns efficient and build streamlined reporting processes to communicate our impact with the right stakeholders
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand the voice of the customer and help inform our strategy moving forward
The skill set you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience with a B2B or developer tools startup
- 3+ years experience managing webinar and content syndication programs
- 2+ years experience managing digital presence on review websites, online directories and online forums
- Experience working with the BDR and Sales team to ensure alignment of goals and establish SLAs on handoffs
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting performance of programs and campaigns and developing optimization strategies
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Hubspot (or other similar CRM and marketing automation tools)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to keeping multiple work streams and cross-functional partners and vendors in sync around timelines
- Strong ownership mindset to do whatever is needed to deliver the best marketing to our customers
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.