Nearly every company in the world runs on custom business software: Gartner estimates that up to 50% of all code is written for internal usage. This is the operational software for refunding orders, underwriting loans, moderating content, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, onboarding employees, analyzing transactions, providing customer support…the list is nearly endless. For most companies, building and maintaining all of these tools demands a lot of engineering time—scarce, expensive resources better put to use on customer-facing products.
At Retool, we’re designing a new type of development environment that makes it dramatically faster and easier to build all of this software. Retool unifies the ease of visual programming with the power of code, while abstracting away the tedious and repetitive tasks of development. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster and build a lot more software. It’s akin to a new version of Visual Basic, HyperCard, or Flash—with a bit of Figma and some future-of-programming vibes thrown on top. Today, our customers span from small startups building their first operational tools, to Fortune 500 companies building mission-critical apps for thousands of users across their business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Retool is the fast way to build internal tools. Thousands of companies—like Brex, DoorDash, and Pinterest—use Retool to build custom apps that help them manage drivers, approve loans, and run any process that gets business done. We’ve grown exponentially each year since being founded, but need help reaching millions more developers. That’s where you come in.
The Growth Marketing Manager will help connect Retool’s products with customers and prospects in new and unique ways, and set us up to achieve our long-term mission. This role will be crucial in driving Retool’s growth in terms of new customer acquisition and expansion into our customer base. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and have a strong track record to report and deliver results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll plan, execute and manage growth marketing initiatives such as experimentation and testing at Retool to further sign-ups, generate leads and to improve conversion rates. You’ll also have the opportunity to pitch in on the SEO function at Retool and coordinate with various internal teams such as Product Marketing and Operations to manage Retool’s email marketing program by structuring our nurture streams and assisting in creating a consistent messaging cadence for our BDR team. Your north-star KPI will encompass both quality and quantity measured as contribution to the pipeline both from a new logo and an upsell motion.
No two days will be the same. As part of a rapidly scaling team you will have the opportunity to assist in various other areas of demand generation and growth.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with almost every Retool, but will most often be partnering with marketers, designers, finance, and go-to-market teams to execute on marketing campaigns at scale. We really like spending time with each other in person and believe in the power of in-person collaboration, creativity, and connection so we have returned in a hybrid capacity to our San Francisco office 3 days a week.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL:
- Own and create a multivariate testing strategy that encompasses testing within existing channels and identifying and executing tests in new channels. Tests will include both creative/messaging tests as well as media/channel tests.
- Lead new bets for Retool’s marketing programs and campaigns
- Develop automated strategies for customer acquisition, partnering with product, engineering, operations, and sales to scale to massive outcomes.
- Run experiments to convert leads via email, ads, and direct mail – you will generate ideas, define targeting, write copy, and scale the winners.
- Analyze data to understand what’s working and what’s not – from reading through replies to writing SQL and hopping into Excel
- Drive organic search traffic to Retool.com by defining and owning our overall organic strategy, including the interrelationship between keyword and information architecture and integration with the paid search strategy
- Partner with a range of cross-functional teams – content, engineering, web developers, growth marketing, product marketing, developer experience, and product to not only increase our relevance, but also think outside the box to expand our SEO footprint with new types of landing pages and resources.
- Help drive technical SEO strategy, conducting regular indexing, site crawling, and rendering to identify areas of opportunity.
THE SKILLSET YOU’LL BRING
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in developer-focused companies
- 5+ years of B2D or B2B experience in growth marketing, growth product, and/or lifecycle marketing, ideally in SaaS/Self-Serve. Product-led growth and 2+ years of experience in marketing to a technical audience
- 5+ years of SEO experience with expertise with SEO tools such as Searchlight, Brightedge, SEOClarity, Ahrefs, Semrush, Google Search Console, ScreamingFrog, Google Analytics, etc. is a nice to have
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Hubspot (or other similar CRM and marketing automation tools)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to keeping multiple work streams and cross-functional partners and vendors in sync around timelines
- Strong ownership mindset to do whatever is needed to deliver the best marketing to our customers
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
Retool is currently set up to employ all roles in the US and specific roles in the UK. To find roles that can be employed in the UK, please refer to our careers page and review the indicated locations.
To apply for this job please visit retool.com.