ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently and deliver great guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point-of-sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers, and more. We are a fast-growing global company with customers in over 30 countries and a wide array of industries like theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, and wake parks – just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team – which consists of 110+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to help build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky’s the limit for us, and we are well on our way toward becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
About The Role
We’re seeking a qualified Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our high-performing team to help build and maintain our sales pipeline (inbound & outbound). Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you’ll identify and source prospects who can benefit from our product and services while driving and building relationships.
You’re a people person! As the first line of communication with prospects, you will have a strong understanding of the sales process while excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales Account Executives up for success. You will be a quick learner with strong communication skills and can showcase our offerings compellingly. You know that every potential contact is an opportunity for you to boost growth. You should have proven success and experience in both inbound qualification and strategic outbound pipeline generation and managing a large pipeline of leads from multiple sources.
You should have experience building a strategy to identify target outbound accounts and executing campaigns to generate pipeline, hitting targets. You should also have experience partnering with account executives, account managers, and marketing teams to utilize existing relationships to break into new accounts or expand existing brands’ footprint.
You should demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have strong analytical skills. You will have a sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables while bringing new ideas to the company.
Please note that while we are a fully remote company, we are currently seeking candidates based in San Francisco or Austin, Texas to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Generating new business leads and pipeline through prospecting outbound opportunities, gaining interest through cold calling and email
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to identify and source net new pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Respond, engage, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Identification of how to help qualify prospect needs and pain
- Managing a high volume of accounts with a strategy on prioritization of your accounts and time
- Drive urgency to help move prospects through the sales funnel effectively
- Speaking to value and return on investment vs. knowing when to pass to an AE for technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Learning how to anticipate and prepare for objections
- Researching and understanding various industry verticals and personas
- Initiate meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales account executives
- Collaborate with a distributed sales team to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met
- Attend industry events, conferences, and tradeshows to help represent the ROLLER brand, drive prospect engagement, and new business opportunities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing/Sales, Business, or a related field
- 2-3 years of prior experience as a Business Development Representative with a track record of achieving quotas
- SaaS experience strongly preferred but not essential
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, and requirements and ability to communicate product value
- Strong and professional communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Hubspot or other CRM software
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ – led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns… you name it. We’re willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team’s health and wellbeing – access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for secondary carers
- 401(k) plan as well as health insurance
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do
- Individual learning & development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have
- Interview with our VP of Demand Generation You will get to meet with our VP of Demand Generation to learn more about the role & ROLLER whilst also talking through your experience in more detail
- Loop Interviews This is where you will get to meet our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for!