Rose Rocket 🚀 is a market leader in Transportation Management Software. We’re a startup going after the $700+ billion dollar trucking industry, leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way trucking companies sell, service, and innovate. We are a hyper-growth company with a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team, and celebrating success. We’d love to hear from you if you want to build this with us.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important decisions you make ❤️, and adding a team member is one of the most important decisions we’ll make. Through our process, we want you to get to know us and understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you.
Rose Rocket is looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our growing Enterprise and Mid-Market Team. This role is primarily responsible for closing business on new and existing accounts. Account executives have responsibility for achievement of individual mid-market sales, revenue and retention goals and contribute to the growth of the overall segment and company.
Why we’re excited about this role:
The trucking industry is a vital and important aspect of our economy. The people who make all of this happen deserve a great product that makes their days better and their businesses more efficient. We’re proud to have been serving them for the last 7 years. The industry has historically been underserved with software offerings. We have the opportunity to help our customers enact transformational change that will lead to better operational outcomes for both them and their customers.
- Reporting into the Sales Director – the Account Executive (AE)will be responsible for managing both a set of existing accounts as well as assigned opportunities. The (AE) will advance and close new business, identify and close expansion opportunities on their existing accounts and provide feedback to marketing, engineering, product and other groups. The AE is expected to build out and own relationships with key customer and prospect stakeholders, proactively positioning Rose Rocket and dealing with objections. It is expected that the AE will become an expert on our product, and able to speak to and demonstrate our product confidently.
- The AE will periodically conduct formal sales and account planning based on set goals, and be comfortable being held to those plans. The AE will also be expected to keep our core systems updated including our CRM (Hubspot), so that opportunities and accounts are accurate and true.
- The AE will be supported by other go-to-market functions, including BDRs, SDRs, Marketing, Sales Engineering and Project Management. As the individuals ramps-up, they may be asked to participate in pipeline generating activities eg. outbound and inbound calls.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Drive Customer, Sales and Revenue Outcomes: Take primary responsibility for achieving our goals in the mid-market, achieving both success for our customers as well as success for Rose Rocket.
- Industry / Client Expertise and Outcomes Alignment: Develop a deep understanding of the Transportation Management Software (TMS) industry to create differentiation between us and our competitors in the minds of our customers and partners. Identify offerings that can be packaged and taken to market.
- Relationship Building: Build trusted relationships with key customer stakeholders, and represent the interests of those customers to internal Rose Rocket leadership.
- Detailed Product/Service Knowledge: Be an expert on Rose Rocket and understand how they can be leveraged to help customers achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinate sales responses. When needed pull together and lead response to RFIs, RFQs and RFPs.
- Lead by Example: Be active within your team and the company – participate in meetings; volunteer to lead initiatives; escalate questions or issues to leadership; seek feedback; engage your reports, manager, or other leadership for support when needed
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in a fast-paced, hyper-growth SAAS organization of relevant size and scope
- Prior experience as an AE or in a similar sales and account oriented role
- Ability to easily build relationships and work with executive stakeholders
- Customer-facing comfortability, including handling emergency/crisis situations
- Strong ability to develop strategy, be agile, think critically, and coach accordingly
- Project management, dashboarding, measurement, and planning skills
- Familiarity with TMS and other enterprise SaaS software: McLeod, TMW, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Dynamics, Hubspot.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits at Rose Rocket
- 🏥 A comprehensive benefits program + health care spending account
- 🐣 Parental leave top-up
- 💰 Stock option plan
- 💻 The latest Macbook and a sweet tech equipment combo to get you started
- 🏝 A total of 6 weeks of paid time off annually including starting with three weeks of vacation, summer Fridays, winter holidays and personal days!
- 💼 Downtown Toronto office complete with an in-house coffee shop, music room, library and a few other lifestyle perks that keep our days fun
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rose Rocket does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.