Rose Rocket 🚀 is a market leader in Transportation Management Software. We’re a startup going after the $700+ billion dollar trucking industry, leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way trucking companies sell, service, and innovate. We are a hyper-growth company with a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team, and celebrating success. We’d love to hear from you if you want to build this with us.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important decisions you make ❤️, and adding a team member is one of the most important decisions we’ll make. Through our process, we want you to get to know us and understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you.
Our Enterprise Go-to-Market (GTM) team is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to build a pipeline through outbound calls. The BDR will have the opportunity to deep dive into our industry and who our customers are, priming for a fast and progressive career path in sales at Rose Rocket!
The ideal candidate has experience in either a marketing or sales role at a startup, and is looking to work for a high-growth business where they can have an impact, a voice and a quick path to growing their career.
Why we’re excited about this role:
The trucking industry is a vital and important aspect of our economy. The people who make all of this happen deserve a great product that makes their day better and their business more efficient. We’re proud to have served them for the last 7 years. The industry has historically been underserved with software offerings and we have the opportunity to help our customers enact transformational change that will lead to better operational outcomes for both them and their customers.
Rose Rocket is a market leader in Transportation Management Software. We’re a startup going after the $700+ billion dollar trucking industry, leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way trucking companies sell, service, and innovate. We are a hyper-growth company with a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team, and celebrating success.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for our prospects, representing Rose Rocket to our industry while qualifying them for our TMS product. You will make outbound calls, following a sequence in order to gauge prospect interest in our product, event or offering, and making sure that our CRM (and other) systems reflect progress and status. You’ll alter your approach and the script based on feedback and what works. Over time you’ll be able to tailor your approach to the type of prospect, customer organization and the context of the industry. You’ll treat each call as an opportunity to learn and refine.
Working with the Enterprise and Mid-Market GTM team, you will report into the Business Development Lead, while working closely with Marketing, Account Executives, and other cross-functional teams.
- Create new business opportunities through outbound calls to fuel our growth.
- Create and execute on outbound prospecting campaigns via LinkedIn, SMS, email and phone touches.
- Ability to identify and create customer maps. In an industry that is acquisition heavy, being able to identify all the different entry points to large organizations will be invaluable.
- Performing initial discovery calls with prospective customers to learn about their business, while sharing Rose Rocket’s values and key differentiators.
- Providing thorough notes & maintaining clear data integrity in our CRM is pivotal to the success in this role
- Collect and contribute feedback to sales and marketing – You are the voice of our prospects, and your feedback is used in real-time to impact processes and messages.
- Share your ideas! You have a direct line-of-sight to our customers, and we want to hear your thoughts on our processes, product and more.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in an outbound sales role (software sales a plus)
- An independent, entrepreneurial and hands on attitude with, experience in a grass-roots business development role
- Ability to work as a team player with a desire to contribute to the success of Rose Rocket and have an impact on the growth of the company
- Previous experience in business development, in a cold calling & prospecting environment (inside sales and/or sales, inbound and outbound marketing activities)
- Experience carrying an individual quota and hiting (or exceeding!) your targets
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits at Rose Rocket
- 🏥 A comprehensive benefits program + health care spending account
- 🐣 Parental leave top-up
- 💰 Stock option plan
- 💻 The latest Macbook and a sweet tech equipment combo to get you started
- 🏝 A total of 6 weeks of paid time off annually including starting with three weeks of vacation, summer Fridays, winter holidays and personal days!
- 💼 Downtown Toronto office complete with an in-house coffee shop, music room, library and a few other lifestyle perks that keep our days fun
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rose Rocket does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email [email protected].