RTGS.global is a next-generation financial market infrastructure (FMI) built to allow high-value cross-border payments to settle quickly, safely and efficiently. Our wholesale settlement service reimagines how settlement occurs in the interbank foreign exchange (FX) market, enabling counterparties to settle trades instantly, bilaterally, and without settlement risk – 24/7/365.
The RTGS.global settlement service starts with fiat currency settlement – but is ready for a future that includes CBDC and other digital asset classes. We are built for now, designed for what’s next.
As we build the FMI of the future, the RTGS.global team is growing. Join us and shape the future of liquidity movement and settlement in the world’s financial markets!
We’re looking for proven leader to serve as Head of Marketing at RTGS.global. This key role provides a unique opportunity for someone to have an impact in a critical area of the global financial services industry, scaling an ambitious brand and business, and leading a team of Marketing and Communications specialists. The role is London-based by default (but flexible for the right candidate), with occasional travel required.
- Strategy – Work with the COO to establish and deliver an overall MarComms function tailored for a disruptive FMI entering a rapid scale-up phase.
- Acquisition – Build internal capabilities to deliver targeted campaigns for client acquisition, to both wider audiences and smaller groups via ABM. Ensure clear goals are set to optimise lead generation whilst refining messaging and tracking key marketing metrics.
- Communications – Through first-hand experience driving impactful communications strategies, guide internal and external (agency) stakeholders through a strategy to ensure our level of activity and share of voice in the market moves to the next level through respected thought leadership and PR across trade and national media publications.
- Messaging – Own and shape the ongoing messaging framework for RTGS.global through a deep appreciation for trends and nuances in the market and in engagement with clients. Build and grow our brand’s tone of voice and messaging framework.
- Content – Bringing together the optimal mix of internal and external resources, build a pipeline of rich content (e.g. blogs, white papers, webinars, podcasts) that serve to entrench credibility and awareness of the business amongst wider audiences and specific client verticals.
- Customer insight – Foster rich working relationships with Product and Sales, as well as clients and partners, to capture feedback that informs strategic marketing initiatives.
- Partner marketing – Work with the partnerships team to deliver a range of co-branded activities and content to support and grow our key partners.
Reporting / Relationships
- This role reports to the COO, with close interaction and teamwork required across the entire business, most notably Product and Sales.
- The role currently has one direct report, with budget to make additional hires.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B marketing, ideally within fintech, payments or similar industry. Direct knowledge of wholesale payments or FMIs an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of managing concurrent marketing campaigns that generate high quality leads and ultimately, deliver revenue.
- Outstanding communication skills, combined with the ability to take complex concepts and transform them into clear and concise communications.
- Extremely creative at finding smart and inventive ways to reach and convey a message to prospective clients
- A wide understanding of various marketing tools and technology
- Experience with a startup or fast scaling business is also highly desirable
- Direct exposure to media management / public relations.
How you Work
- Self-starter – but a team-oriented mindset; thrives in a work environment that places a premium on collaborative working relationships.
- High energy, with a cup-half-full, positive disposition and a disposition to welcome challenges.
- An ability to work in a high-paced, fast-moving startup environment, tolerating uncertainty and fast-changing macro contexts.
- Highly skilled at working to tight timelines, managing one’s own workload and that of the team in the face of competing demands.
- Outstanding EQ, with the ability to use forge trusted relationships across all levels of an organisation, influencing peers and superiors alike to collaborate for the sake of common goals.
- Broad-minded – thinking internationally and cross-culturally for both strategy and tactics.
- Unimpeachable integrity; trustworthy and respectful in interactions with all stakeholders internal and external
You Should Apply If…
…you like the idea of a fast-paced career at the intersection of fintech and financial market infrastructure – and you have deep experience in relevant fields of marketing and communications.
Working at RTGS.global
Our head office is in central London. We offer competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits.
We welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds and are committed to a recruitment process free of discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Follow us on social media