For companies in the construction and labour industries, safety is mission-critical. It touches every employee who sets foot on a job site, affecting culture and morale, project deliverables and timelines, profitability and reputation. It’s a highly complex ecosystem with countless requirements – all of which are government-mandated and enforced. With the majority of companies still relying on paper forms and antiquated point solutions for documenting safety compliance, SALUS is poised to lead an epic evolution.
Our SaaS platform is built to mirror existing safety workflows digitally, combining a web app for real-time monitoring of daily operations and powerful reporting capabilities, and a mobile app designed specifically for achieving the highest level of adoption amongst field-level workers.
SALUS is a well-funded, VC-backed startup with kickass culture, a solid customer base spanning North America and an insanely high retention rate. A small but mighty Vancouver-based operation poised for rapid growth, our next wave of expansion begins in Q1 2023 and we’re on the hunt for an experienced Product Marketer with the skills and strategic knowledge to help SALUS enter, execute and succeed at a North American metro strategy. We’re continuing to create a diverse work culture that closely matches the diversity of our client base and seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing (Vancouver), the Product Marketer will be a highly dynamic individual – working at the intersection of product development, marketing and sales – who will own the messaging, positioning, and branding of our products in the market. The Product Marketer will build a message that sets our products apart from the competition – focusing on understanding and marketing to customers to drive demand and usage of the product through performing market research, analyzing buyer persona, developing marketing programs, and testing using a variety of tools to gain insights and shape marketing strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy; you’ll build and execute a product marketing strategy roadmap to help improve the success of our solutions in the market.
- Product Champion; help inform the overall marketing strategy with valuable product marketing intelligence. Be the evangelist, internally and externally, for our full solutions set and monitor the performance of solutions to educate key stakeholders.
- Customer Research; build detailed persona’s and gain a deep understanding of the markets we serve to help inform sales and marketing activities.
- Competitor Intelligence; build and keep up to date a competitor comparison matrix. Using this intelligence to inform new product development, pricing strategies and marketing tactics.
- Product Messaging; using customer research and competitor intelligence, develop product positioning and messaging, including differentiators and use cases.
- GTM; work closely with sales and marketing teams to create and support the go-to-market strategy.
- Product Enablement; communicate the vision and benefits of new feature releases to the team including sales tools to enhance and expedite the sales process
What You Bring to The Table
- 3+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market-research)
- Proficient in productivity applications
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Must be comfortable in front of groups and a solid writer
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t – working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent experience
- The ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and translate these into compelling, commercial, customer focussed communications.
- Exceptional writing abilities (in particular for sales and marketing content)
- Analytics experience required (ability to identify actionable insights in data)
- Ability to connect marketing activities to business objectives
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Results driven and data-savvy
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with high standards for quality
- Ability to influence teams and customers
- Ability to work collaboratively with sales, marketing, and production teams to meet customer needs