Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
SamCart is looking for a talented Director of Finance to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead and scale our Finance function. You will take full ownership of finance and accounting and help the company set and achieve its strategic and operational finance goals.
- Lead core financial processes: annual operating and board plan, quarterly board presentation, monthly budget reviews with stakeholders, weekly financial forecasts, etc
- Build and own the company model and forecast working cross-functionally to ensure goals are being met
- Develop ad hoc simulations to support future business decisions and provide opportunities for business optimization
- Supervise all accounting activity, including annual audit and supervision of external bookkeepers
- Directly lead, grow and develop FP&A team members
- Manage relationships with external auditors, accountants and vendors
- 7+ years of progressive experience in FP&A, corporate finance, or investment banking, with at least 3 years operating in a management position
- Prior SaaS experience is a must-have
- Experience managing and leading a team with a focus on coaching and development
- Experience developing financial metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Excitement to tackle both the strategic and operational elements of finance, including setting the strategy while implementing best-in-class tech, systems and processes to enable the business to achieve its financial goals
- High integrity and honesty; you take responsibility and are accountable to both internal and external stakeholders
- A growth mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Excel guru with the ability to build and teach advanced financial models and translate them into impactful presentations
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, or another business-related field
This is what you’ll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say “Their success is our success” and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with your team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do – We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Yay, we have 401K!
- Health Insurance premiums are covered 100% by SamCart for you +1, be it a significant other or child.
- Supportive Parental leave policies for all parents
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
- Self-Care is important, which is why we offer a monthly wellness credit.
Our Core Values
- Be Transparent – We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
- Be Human – We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
- Be an Owner – We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
- Be Creative and Commit – We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
- Be You – We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!
The US salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$190,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and does not include equity or benefits.
Follow us on social media