We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
Marketing and Solutions (M&S) Data Strategy Performance Management Lead
The Marketing Data Strategy and Performance Management Lead is part of the Operations Team within the M&S board area. This high visibility role will be responsible for leading the analytics practice areas, creating a forward-looking data strategy to drive insights, connecting strategy to execution, resulting in a better return on investment and business outcomes for Marketing and our customers. The ideal candidate should show experience and evidence of leading a world-class cloud B2B digital marketing analytics organization. This should include a strong understanding of marketing data landscapes, processes and technology with an advanced analytics background to foster a data-driven culture for M&S.
This person will lead a team of business analytics and data scientists responsible for building a standard measurement framework, reporting and dashboarding, and scalable services to maximize insights and analytical practices. They will also be responsible for leading performance management topics on behalf of the board area and interacting with senior level executives.
What you’ll do:
- Define a multi-year data strategy to support the M&S board area
- Define measurement framework in partnership with M&S and oCOO leadership
- Define standard reporting and dashboards to provide visibility into business performance, analytics, and return on investment (ROI)
- Lead target setting process, benchmarks, and modeling to drive operational efficiency
- Support business reviews and interlock processes across M&S teams, Demand Management COE and Customer Success
- Orchestrate the analytics operating model along with other teams in the oCOO to support corporate Marketing, Field Marketing, (Chief Marketing and Solutions Officers (CMSOs), and cross-functional teams with insights and ad hoc requests.
- Partner with IES to expand M&S analytical capabilities to enable the business analyst community
- Partner with the GDCE to maximize demand generation engine and MarTech investments
As the Marketing Data Strategy and Performance Lead, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your M&S team, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
To support you in this responsibility you can view relevant information via Success Map for your entire organization. This business execution tool supports you in leading the success of your organization by providing you with information to guide your direct reports in following through with their responsibilities. Act as a role model by coaching and recognizing your direct reports and providing just-in-time feedback and expecting the same of your direct reports.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 10+ years of performance management, insights and marketing operations experience, preferably with a Cloud B2B Enterprise Software company
- Advanced understanding of marketing data sources, structures, measurement, digital, campaign/audience insights, analytics advertising tools, adtech, and martech.
- Strong analytical background, familiar with advanced analytics, ability to navigate technical and business discussions
- Executive leadership in a marketing, solution management and or sales operations function, preferably in a global organization
- Marketing strategy development and planning
- Project leadership (large-scale projects)
- Minimum 5 years coaching and managing at the managerial/executive level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
Location – NA preferred, but open to EMEA
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected].
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 232,900 – 396,200 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Follow us on social media